Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supercharged Is200 Dyno Results

Took the IS200 to Wallace performance in Aberdeen last night to see what the bhp gains were since adding the s/c. So the mods are s/c, induction kit, stainless after market zorst (all cats still in place) & the cars an auto. I have a Dastek unichip installed so was hoping this would squeeze out as many ponies as possible. Heres the charts:

Before the s/c was fitted I was running just under 145 at the fly

170107gs6.png

Then 2 runs last night (traction control switched off)

run12200607gj4.png

So was reading 154.8 at the wheels with only 179.4 at the fly :crybaby: where had the extra 50plus bhp I was expecting gone.

The overall power report

run12report200607rd2.png

The boost peaked at 5psi (0.34 bar) which I believe is about the max I should be pushing for with the engine as standard. So where has all the power gone. Got to say the car is running well & the tuner was well impressed with the s/c (& the fitting :D thanks to the chaps). Also said that the s/c chip was producing good results & again fitting was good. So from what I can see the kit is all fitted well & all seems to be doing its job except producing the expexted 200 plus bhp which should be more with the additional mods.

So should I just take what I got....or think about an Evo !!!

A bit disappointed but still like the car, handles well, s/c still gives the big :D . Any thoughts or opinions welcome

Its difficult to get a "proper" power figure from an auto.

Also the traction should always be off !!

Dave the traction was off mate. I think I could maybe tweek the boost a bit higher but as Lee's is giving 153 at the wheels, I should be happy with what I got. Lets face it a few extra bhp aint gonna make a huge difference now. The acceleration on the car is very good so I will keep :D

Thanks guys

Didn't realise you had an auto mate, only thing I'd try is taking the Unichip out temporarily and seeing what the result is then, I know TDi struggled to get an HKS ECU working correctly the first time they tried, may be a similar thing here? Also have you had it mapped since the SC was fitted or was it mapped on a standard car?

Saying that though the auto box is going to be sapping more power, probably 25% in conjunction with the RWD I guess? Also like Dave says very difficult to get figures from an auto box!

Might be worth seeing if there's anyone up in your area with an SC on a manual car, meet up and compare flat out acceleration from both cars which will give you a much better idea of what's going on :)

sorry to hear that you arent impressed with the added extra power that the sc gave but lee iceman got 215 running 95 ron fule at the rolling road day over in ireland

maby if you look at his list of mods ull get a more happier result .

your boost is very low

imo get a propper ecu

and evo's are on a league of there own . you cant compair it to any is200/altezza/astro/rx

sorry to hear that you arent impressed with the added extra power that the sc gave but lee iceman got 215 running 95 ron fule at the rolling road day over in ireland

maby if you look at his list of mods ull get a more happier result .

your boost is very low

imo get a propper ecu

and evo's are on a league of there own . you cant compair it to any is200/altezza/astro/rx

I am not unimpressed just a bit disappointed as from all the reports I was hoping to see at least 200 at the fly. Lee has said he is getting 153.3 at the wheels & i am getting just over 154 at the wheels so on a comparison we are both close. The ECU I have is a piggyback Dastek so what is your opinion of a proper one.

Never was comparing the IS to an Evo just a car I have liked but also love the shape of the IS. Still a great car & the s/c is a very worthwhile mod. Thanks for the comments.

Cheers

mine was 148.2 at the fly. with standard airbox and fully decatted exhaust. Then 186.7 at the fly with the SC and the standard TTE airbox but done on a rolling road with the 19" wheels. Your figures seem a bit low but it may just be because of the auto gearbox or because your intake only get hot air

mine was 148.2 at the fly. with standard airbox and fully decatted exhaust. Then 186.7 at the fly with the SC and the standard TTE airbox but done on a rolling road with the 19" wheels. Your figures seem a bit low but it may just be because of the auto gearbox or because your intake only get hot air

whats the dyno data now guillame ?

The ECU I have is a piggyback Dastek so what is your opinion of a proper one.

i think Elexes is thinking more along the lines of a completely new standalone ECU. Along the lines of an Apexi Power FC. Big gains can be gotten from one of these bad boys if setup properly

Sorry it's a disappointing figure there Bobby. But at least you're still having fun with it!

Might well be something to do with the pre cats: read this post

Might want to make sure all the hose clips are tight, I think someone mentioned a loss in power when they loosen a little.

Want to get mine tested now, because I don't think it's pulling anywhere near as well as it should. About how much does a dyno run cost?

Might well be something to do with the pre cats: read this post

Might want to make sure all the hose clips are tight, I think someone mentioned a loss in power when they loosen a little.

Want to get mine tested now, because I don't think it's pulling anywhere near as well as it should. About how much does a dyno run cost?

Hi Adam hope all well. I had this discussion in depth at the time when I got the s/c fitted....should I keep or remove the pre-cats. People had different views at the time. Gords went within 10kmiles & Aidos lasted 25k miles and more. I allow the car to warm up & never just jump in & floor it. So I decided to keep them in, if I am right I cannot find anything by TTE recommending their removal (someone keep me right if I got this wrong). Point taken though they could have an effect on the cars performance. The TTE site document on the IS200 s/c states power 204 (150) so assuming 204 at fly & 150 at hubs, I dont have the fly power but do have more than the stated hub power. Will have a look at the hoses again though. Hers a web site for a company down Manchester way, know nothing about them just the 1st one on the Goggle search

Manchester tuning

Cheers mate

I had this discussion in depth at the time when I got the s/c fitted....should I keep or remove the pre-cats.

Yep, me too and I decided to keep them as well... for the time being at least! They can cause problems though as highlighted in the link I put up.

Didn't realise the hub figure was about what was expected. Don't know much about this stuff - how can the hub figure be correct if the fly wheel figure is so far off? :blink:

Think I'll try to find somewhere a bit closer than Manchester if it's all the same to you! Given me an idea of the price though. Worth it to satisfy my curiosity, but I'll wait until the exhaust is done at the beginning of July.

Oh, and some wind deflectors same as yours arrived here today :whistling: Really hope it will but the wind noise round my rear passenger window!

Oh, and some wind deflectors same as yours arrived here today :whistling: Really hope it will but the wind noise round my rear passenger window!

There is no stopping you now mate :winky: now get them fitted & not stored with the other bits....did you get the bodykit on ?

Cheers

There is no stopping you now mate :winky: now get them fitted & not stored with the other bits....did you get the bodykit on ?

Not yet, but got some leads on a body shop that might be decent. Hoping to get it done before going down to the TDi meet on 7th July. You know I have another reason for going there as well though. Anyway, we're getting a bit :offtopic:

Anybody else with a supercharged auto that can put up a dyno sheet for comparison :question:

Not an auto but heres my dyno results incase you missed them.

Also two things iv noticed since the sc was fitted - firstly it seems to be running a bit better now its been in for a while - like it needed wearing in or something...and second the petrol used makes quite a difference - after two tanks of tesco 99 it feels noticeably quicker. (using v-power before).

whats the dyno data now guillame ?

193.9 at the hubs :)

Its difficult to get a "proper" power figure from an auto.

Also the traction should always be off !!

Dave the traction was off mate. I think I could maybe tweek the boost a bit higher but as Lee's is giving 153 at the wheels, I should be happy with what I got. Lets face it a few extra bhp aint gonna make a huge difference now. The acceleration on the car is very good so I will keep :D

Thanks guys

Hi Bobby, did thay do the dyno ok ? any problems with setting it up ?

I only asking, coz some say you can not dyno the is200 auto ?

Hi Bobby, did thay do the dyno ok ? any problems with setting it up ?

I only asking, coz some say you can not dyno the is200 auto ?

Gord

Glad you & the chaps all got back safe from Germany, looks like you had a blast. They did not seem to have a prob setting up but I am now having some doubts. I might look into some other options later but car is going well, mpg is up too.

Cheers

Bobby