Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Ls400 Wearing It's New Ls430 Wheels

Thought I'd post a few pics of my LS400 wearing it's new LS430 wheels, to say I'm pleased with them is an understatement :yahoo:

A big thank you to SteveW37 for all his help and making the purchase of his wheels a pleasure.

DSC00131.jpg

DSC00133.jpg

Thanks for the kind comments.

IMHO they suit the LS400 perfectly, I wanted something which would just give the car a slightly more modern look over the standard alloys and I couldn't be more pleased with the results.

Yeah it really does look bang on, which ones were on there before then?

The standard 16" series 4 wheels, two of them were corroded slightly so I used that as an opportunity (excuse!) to upgrade.

You can ditch the avitar of the old supra now for a nice shot of the LS :winky:

Heh heh, yeah I know, must get my act together and sort it.

............................done, hows that Alex

Bet you haven't told the wife the cost yet, though! (What's it worth? I still know your phone number!) :whistling:

Heh, heh, hard luck Chris, she's fully clued up on costs :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Chips & Maneesh

Bet you haven't told the wife the cost yet, though! (What's it worth? I still know your phone number!) :whistling:

Thanks Chips & Maneesh

But now you'll be driving down the centre line all the time, paranoid about kerbing your lovely wheels. :crybaby: :winky:

Thanks Chips & Maneesh

But now you'll be driving down the centre line all the time, paranoid about kerbing your lovely wheels. :crybaby: :winky:

Nothing new for me as I do it all the time with the Supra :winky:

Hi,

The car looks really good. I am contemplating a similar upgrade and wondered what size tyres did you fit to these wheels and did it impact on calibration of speedo or odometer? I have a Mk III on standard 16" wheels with 225/60 R16 98W tyres. Thanks

Thanks...................tyres are Dunlop Sport 2020's, 225/55/17 (standard ls430 size) this gives you the closest rolling radius to the stock ls400 16" wheels and tyres.

Hi,

The car looks really good. I am contemplating a similar upgrade and wondered what size tyres did you fit to these wheels and did it impact on calibration of speedo or odometer? I have a Mk III on standard 16" wheels with 225/60 R16 98W tyres. Thanks

Thanks...................tyres are Dunlop Sport 2020's, 225/55/17 (standard ls430 size) this gives you the closest rolling radius to the stock ls400 16" wheels and tyres.

Yeah, I make it that r/r of the 225/55/17's (how daft is it in this country that we continue to mix mm and inches 36 years after we decimalised our coinage) is 3mmm greater than that of the 225/60/16's. Tyres wear down more than that anyway.