Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My New Toy

yea, cant stop smiling..

quick question, the alloys on the car are they 17" or 18"..im not quite sure.

Also when in "manual mode" say im in 5th gear and im coming up to a junction - slowing down, and at this point say im doing 10mph..and suddenly i put my pedal to the metal, will the car automatically shift down(like porsche tiptronic) to a lower gear for more accelation or will i have to change down?...

Thanks

Nice one mate, glad you're happy, the wheels in that pic are the 18 inch styling rims, not sure about the Tiptronic though, I only have 4 gears, 1,2,3 & D, it will drop down in D as that's basically auto, have to admit I never tried letting it change itself down!

..:: Edit ::..

Cool just seen your post Neil, that's a winner then :)

Nice one mate, glad you're happy, the wheels in that pic are the 18 inch styling rims, not sure about the Tiptronic though, I only have 4 gears, 1,2,3 & D, it will drop down in D as that's basically auto, have to admit I never tried letting it change itself down!

..:: Edit ::..

Cool just seen your post Neil, that's a winner then :)

errr, aido, don't you have 5 speed box like UK GS?

cheers!.

performance wise apart from turbo/supercharging, what will give me a increase in bhp?

thanks

To be honest you aren't going to get a lot out of a normally aspirated IS, you can do things like induction, performance air filter, exhaust, camcon etc, but nothing will give you any great gains for your money, maybe get the exhaust and a performance panel filter and then save for a supercharger, it's definitely the best bang for you money!

errr, aido, don't you have 5 speed box like UK GS?

No mate, shares the auto box with the MKIV Auto Supra so 4 speed all the way :)

typical......jus seen local paper and theres a Is300 for sale - CHEAPER!! and has Lower mileage and in the colour i wanted(black) and has optional sat nav.

you have a nice car there, B) so stop checking the ads in the paper :winky: :)

Very nice mate, welcome to LOC :D

typical......jus seen local paper and theres a Is300 for sale - CHEAPER!! and has Lower mileage and in the colour i wanted(black) and has optional sat nav.

Where abouts in the midlands are you? and what paper did you spot it in?

well i sold the silver 300 and bought the black one, which is same year(2002) has lower mileage(JUST 45K), cheaper and has dvd sat nav and only 1 previous owner...will be picking it up tomorrow and ill post some pics, plus with black it looks nice once all polished and waxed(well thats my reason for the swap.. :lol: )

My previous car was a metallic black and now I went for a silver one. Black cars look very nice when its clean but they get dusty after a day. Every minor scratches show as well but they are easy to touch up.

The IS300 comes with different headlights as it has the HIDs as standard as opposed to the halogens used in the standard units - they differ in that the IS200 has the orange indicator section whereas the units on the 300 are a different design.

Not sure about the fogs though? Think the 300 comes with yellow fogs as standard whereas the 200 has white ones?