Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Is200

hello everyone, i pick up my 04 is200 limited edition on saturday and was wondering what is the best petrol additive to use to help the fuel consumption. also what is the best petrol to use, supermarket cheap and chearful or branded mean and nasty. does resetting the ecu help aswell? cheers

Welcome to LOC :)

To be honest there's no point really in using any additives on the IS200, it's quite happy on 95RON fuel, the best thing I'd recommend is to stick to Shell V-Power or Tesco Super Unleaded where you can get the 99RON variant, it's a little more expensive but will return slightly better MPG than standard so works out the same cost in the long run!

You can reset the ECU if you like, it should learn anyway even if you don't - the easiest way to do that is open the bonnet, and there's a fuse box near the Battery, just open that and remove the EFI and ETCS fuses for a couple of minutes and job done :)

hello everyone, i pick up my 04 is200 limited edition on saturday and was wondering what is the best petrol additive to use to help the fuel consumption. also what is the best petrol to use, supermarket cheap and chearful or branded mean and nasty. does resetting the ecu help aswell? cheers

hi,welcome to loc :)

Hi buddy,

Welcome to the LOC and congrats on your purchase. Don't bother with additives, just use BP Ultimate, Shell V power or Tesco 99 unleaded. You'll find a slight increase in performance and mpg (not a lot admittedly but enough to offset it's greater cost).

Your car will learn your driving style so there's no real need to reset the ECU. I've read reports of people doing it and then getting 180 odd miles to a full tank of fuel for the next couple of fill ups. It'll learn faster if you do reset it but it's not necessary.

Make sure you attend some of our meets and we all like seeing pictures of each others cars so pop some online.

Keith

i love this car so much, i brought it after test driving it the day i saw it.

just been cruising round town yesterday. hopefully take it for a good drive today.

just my luck. parked it on the drive when i got home and within half an hour a bird with diarrhea left its mark all over my car. bloody typical

a few things i want to ask-

1-how do i post some pics, do i use the registry feature? i tried but it said im not authorised.

2-where can i get some fog light, side light , low beam and parking light bulbs to match the main headlights from?

the ones that look blue and are really bright. i got some of eBay for my 306 but they were really crap, didnt look good at all

3-ive got a motorised dvd player with screen i want to fit but all the facia adapters ive seen will make the screen cover the climate controls, any advice? was thinking of getting a double din screen with built in sat nav fitted if not.

4-how annoying is the reversing buzzer? i feel like a lorry.can it be disconnected

5-when i lock my car theres no bleep to tell me its locked. how do i sort this out if possible. really paronoid that i havent locked it.

i know theese have probally been posted on the forum before but to be honest i would rather be in the is200 than sitting on the computer

much appreciated for ay help

Glad you're liking the car matey. As for the bird, hunt the bugger down!

Right, answers to your questions:

1. go to www.imageshack.uk, upload your pictures there, t will give you a selections of links, copy the link (right mouse button/copy). When you're posting, click on the insert image icon and it'll come up with a box with http://, paste the link into that box and it'll appear as a picture on the published post.

2. For bulbs go to www.autobulbsdirect.com. They're very good and if you ring them up they're great to talk to because they'll recommend the exact product for you.

3. Motorised panels will obscure the heater controls which I can understand would be annoying. Go for a double-DIN screen.

4. Don't know.

5. Not sure on this one. Would involve meddling with wires and on modern cars that can bugger a lot of things up very easily unless you know what you're doing. I'd just buy an aftermarket TOAD alarm or something.

Hope that's of some use. You can always PM me if you need to.

Oh by the way, what are you still doing reading this? Shouldn't you be out enjoying your Lexus! :D

Keith