Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bluetooth Phone / Blackberry Address Book Transfer Problem

Hi there !,

I am having trouble with transferring my address book to my GS300.

I can connect my blackberry 8707 up without problems, but when I try to transfer my address book via the GS300 console screen

it keeps saying transfer in progress but it never ends and never actually transfers anything :(

Has anyone got any tips or tricks on how to get this working ?.

Thanks and regards

hardstep

Hi there !,

I can connect my blackberry 8707 up without problems, but when I try to transfer my address book via the GS300 console screen

it keeps saying transfer in progress but it never ends and never actually transfers anything :(

Thanks and regards

hardstep

what mobile do u use

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Had the same issue with my Pioneer AVIC-D3. Would not transfer using the HU, so I just let it connect to the phone as normal and transfered using the phone and this worked. Used an N73 Nokia.

Hi there

I am wondering if this ever was resolved or if anyone else has any updates on the situation. I am a prospective GS450h owner having previously owned an IS200. I have an 8700 Blackberry and want to sync it with the car's system. I have read from other forums and also by checking the Bluetooth compatibility list that the 8700 would not do a partial or full address book sync, which is clearly very annoying indeed. However, I have a sneaking suspicion that the latest firmware on the 8700 does allow for address book transfer and I can only assume that the previous limitation was down to the 8700 rather than the car, since other phones do work. My BB is on 4.2.1.94. I was just wondering if anyone was in a position to test out an 8700 with this firmware and a GS450h?

Thanks

Laurie

• 1 year later...
Hi there !,

Thanks and regards

hardstep

I have the same problem with my HTC Diamond.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there !,

Thanks and regards

hardstep

Hello All,

I'm a newbie to the forum and this is my first post - hopefully it can solve an issue which seems to be troubling many of us Lexus / Blackberry owners!

I have a Blackberry Bold and for the life of me, couldn't get it to send contacts to the car using Bluetooth. Having done a bit of research I was shocked to find out that this feature isn't actually available on the Bold.

However, did some more digging and found this app which has a 7-Day free trial period:

http://www.berryreview.com/2009/04/08/bbca...-other-devices/

(Click the link at the top of the page to d'load it)

It's called bbcard and it's so simple - all it does is when the blackberry menu button is pressed when a contact in your address book is highlighted it should now include a 'send using Bluetooth' option which has never appeared previously.

I installed it by having the link sent to my phone via my e-mail account (didn't feel comfortable giving my mobile number to some U.S. site) and it's installed fine.

Haven't tried it with the car yet but I'm sure it will work - if there are any issues I shall update everyone.

Out of interest it's about $5 to purchase after 7 days but I shall be using it for the trial period, as I only need it to send the contacts to the car.

Hope this helps :D

• 4 months later...

It seems that I have similar issues with my RX450h and Nokia phones - the Bluetooth connection is fine but contact lists fail. A friend of mine logged his Sony phone and it connected and transfered the contacts immediately - the Nokias just won't do it.

Anybody else had this problem and resolved it?

• 2 years later...

Hi folks - I am new to this forum and have recently bought a 2008 GS450H se. I have an Iphone 4s which I cannot sync with the car - more importantly, when I am using the phone on the move my transmission is intermittently muffled - and it is not being caused by the network or phone. Has anyone else had similar experiences? The main dealer said they would look into it, but that it was not covered under warranty as it is classed as ICE - any suggestions gladly received,

cheers

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem with my Iphone 3gs, it refuses to sync my contacts with my GS telephone system. By the look of this thread the problem isnt confined to just one make/model of handset and seems to stem from the handsets inability to send contacts via Bluetooth.

The app mentioned earlier might just be the only fix for it.