Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Engine Ticking Noise On Start

TDA

Hi everyone,

Just a trivial thing, but every time I start my IS200 on cold engine this really loud ticking noise appears for about two minutes, once the engine warm up is fine. Has anyone had the same problem????

Any help will be gratefull :blush:

TDA

My altezza does the same thing. I have it narrowed down to the aircon pulley. Once its warm its fine

So you think is nothing to serious, not enough to take to lexus???

Thanks

TDA

firstly how old and how many miles has the car done? because it sound that the hydraulic lifters are worn.

OR did the car do this before the oil change??

Actually it only started after I change the oil and sparks and before you ask I did reset the CPU by the Battery so it was total wipe out.

I used 5/50 oil only and change it every 6 k miles and he cars is done 80k, am trying to keep it on good running condition.

TDA

I take it you changed the oil filter too

i didnt think they had hydraulic lifters, thought they were shimmed

the IS engine has hydraulic lifters and no adjustment is possible - if there is a lifter/ cam shaft clearance issue then you have to replace the lifter with a larger version

:question::question: resetting the ECU has nothing to do with your problem but anyway........ as it only started to do it after u changed the oil i would be inclined to change it again to make sure

Oil filter was change to but like you said I will change them again and I let you know the outcome.

Thanks

TDA