Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Midlands Meet

WylieCoyote

Hi all

This is the new thread for the Midlands meet which is happening in Worcester on 5th August 2007.

We're meeting at 11-1130 on the car park by the river in Worcester with a view to go and getting lunch.

Please come and join us!

Keith

Directions: Take junction 6 or 7 of M5, and head towards the town centre. Follow the signs for the racecourse and when you get close to it you will see the railway bridge. from J6 the car park is just after the bridge on the right, from j7 its just before the bridge on the left. Alternatively put 'Grand Stand Road' into the sat nav.

Directions courtesy of Pirate Pete - thanks!

wumap2au5ya6.th.jpg

wumapem9lh7.th.jpg

List of attendees:

1. Me

2. PiratePete

3. Aztecbandit

4. Rikos

Maybees:

1. Ian M

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worcester's not in the Midlands, it's half way to Cornwall!! :shutit:

Despite that, put me down as a "maybe". I'll confirm nearer the time.

EDIT, as at 25th June: It seems that things have transpired to stop me getting to Worcester after all. Apologies.

Worcester’s not in the Midlands, it’s half way to Cornwall!! :shutit:

Despite that, put me down as a “maybe”. I’ll confirm nearer the time.

half way to Cornwall, my .......

Its 10 minutes south of the junction to the M5/M42, and its a hell of a lot nicer than Redditch :)

Whats happening with this?

Where are all the members there must be plenty more who could pop along to this one!!

Tell me about it. Maybe it's too close to the NW meet or something. There doesn't seem much point having the meet when only 4 people are gonna turn up but I'm cool to go ahead with just 4 if y'all are.

Come on people, get your diaries out and come along to the meet! I know there's more people who can make it.

I'm easy (well thats what i'm told :whistling: )

If theres any more interest in this then we can all mosey on down but it's about 60 miles i think for me so dont fancy the trek if there's only going a couple of people of us or if noone's going to turn up :unsure:

im up for a meet but why not actually have a midlands meet in the midlands???

thinking more like tamworth way?? thats more or less in the middle of the midlands?? B)

The last two midlands meets we've had were in Stafford and Long Eaton so we could go to one of them again. Wherever is best for everyone and where we can get the best turn out.

@wyliecoyote - Would a change of venue be ok if we could get more people to turn up?

The last two midlands meets we've had were in Stafford and Long Eaton so we could go to one of them again. Wherever is best for everyone and where we can get the best turn out.

@wyliecoyote - Would a change of venue be ok if we could get more people to turn up?

Hell yeah. I'm easy on location. If we can get people to turn up I don't care where it is. If there's an overwhelming majority in favour of a particular location that's fine by me.

Keith

don't know where it is but worcester doesn't sound like midlands to me. i live in the midlands and this sounds like a distance..

i'm up for a meet in the midlands though.. say northampton??

don't know where it is but worcester doesn't sound like midlands to me. i live in the midlands and this sounds like a distance..

lookin at the locations everbody is from still think tamworth is the best bet.. but if anybody fancies nottingham!!

I wonder why you suggested Northampton :shifty: :P

How about long eaton again as that is easily accesible and is part way for most people? Obviously if any has any suggestions to somewhere else we can try and sort something out!

But as long as we can find a location that the most people can come too so we can have a good turn out i'm not bothered where it is!

Worcester is South Midlands

Bout halfway down the M5

change summat else then :lol:

I have been asked to fit s/c at next meet :duh:

When's that? wouldnt mind seeing that?

So whats the suggestions for this then? Where will we get the best turn out?

Well Worcester is in the Midlands and only about 20 mins south of the M42, but if you guys want to change the venue to get the numbers up then thats ok with me. I only suggested it as a change to meeting in Redditch as IMO it is a nicer place, with some nicer pubs.

guys...

lets fix a venue then??

i think somewhere central to us all is good so guess that may be l;ong eaton as was suggested and sounds like it was a good turn out last time..

lets go witha majority vote!!