Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

After a social visit to my dealership today I was pleased to be informed that the new ECU update to cure the turbo lag had finally arrived.

It consists of a new ECU update along with another 5th injector and some other pipe changes which should apparently cure the constant build up of carbon and in turn give a nice smooth power delivery.

Just waiting now for a phone call on Tuesday to confirm an appointment to have this done, so fingers crossed.

Will post updates when I know more.

J.T

Please, post the results (hope - positive) there, I'll print everything out and show to my dealer (Lexus Twickenham) technicians -it seems that for now they are not aware about any fixes for 220D (yes, for sure, i have exactly the same problems - bad 6th gear, bad/narrow power delivery, bad economy, etc) :()

Actually, i'll be waiting for you and your results :), and also (if it is possible to do) please let me know which dealer (and their contact numbers) are you using...

Does anyone know or think if these mods will be standard on newly built cars?

My order is currently in and is a factory build - still 3 to 4 months away from receiving car - so would be interested to know if it will come as 'standard'

Thanks.....

J.T - have you had the call yet?

Yes they a contacted my today to inform me that some of the parts are on back order, namely a gasket due in on the 28th and the new 5th injector due in on the 29th.

So they will call me again on Friday to arrange a new appointment.

Before you all start to say yer right ive heard this all before, I do have a very good relationship with my dealer and do trust them 100% on this information.

Will update again when i know some more.

Who is your dealer, because I could do with moving my car to them.

My car has been of the road for nearly a month now awaiting these parts. My dealer has so far given me two delivery dates and each one has been and gone. I find it incredible that one lexus dealer can get the parts so quick whilst another fails miserably every time.

Who is your dealer, because I could do with moving my car to them.

My car has been of the road for nearly a month now awaiting these parts. My dealer has so far given me two delivery dates and each one has been and gone. I find it incredible that one lexus dealer can get the parts so quick whilst another fails miserably every time.

Lexus Derby - 01332 267183

I deal with Faye who is in charge of the service/after sale department. She's got to be one of the most nicest and helpfull people that you could ever meet.

If it's the same Faye from Notts then yeah she's sound!

Yes it is. I had delt with Notts a few years back and it would now seem IMHO that all the best staff went to Derby which is lucky for me.

If your dealer is able to get parts for you, can you let us know? I can then use that when I go back to Lexus GB yet again.

I will hopefully be able to let you know more on Friday providing the parts have been delivered.

Well got the phone call yesterday to say the parts had arrived and booked it in for today.

New single port 5th injector with pipes

EGR valve striped and cleaned out

ECU remap

So I collected it at 5.00pm and BIG question is has it worked?

Well ive only drove it back from the dealers about 8 miles in heavy traffic so it’s hard to say for sure but from that I would have to say both YES and NO (not much help I know) but I will try and explain.

The power delivery does certainly seemed to be improved and for what chance I got to try the acceleration it does seem to be more responsive.

Now the flat spot/turbo lag from a standing start is better but not cured from what I can tell (just imagine what people must have thought sitting in queuing traffic and some idiot waiting for the car in front to get about 2/3 car length away then flooring it back up their arse).

I am hoping to give it a good run tomorrow so hopefully I will be able to tell you more.

But what I can say for sure is that my car went ditched both inside and out and came back looking like it had just come out the showroom.

• 4 weeks later...