Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Pulls Left

This week i've noticed my car starting to pull to the left, more so when braking, what's normally the cause of this? and what's the solution?

oil on the pads/discs?

i recently had the same problem with my rover, was seroiusly pulling to the left on braking, 1 of my calipers had come loose so it wouldn't clamp on the disc properly... it got so extreme that i was hitting brakes and left wheel was lokcing up and right was doing nothing... tightened it up and it was fine

Mine does this as well but I only notice it when I break.... What's the easiest way to check the Breaks? Sorry I know nothing about cars so please keep it simple...

Thanks

same here, I had my front brakes done a few months ago and only done about 1500 miles on them, took it easy after they were done, as advised, so i'll just nip it in to the mechanic and ask him have a look, wouldn't know what to look for myself, but to have a look at a caliper and free somethin up shouldn't cost too much, lol

Cheers

Mine does this as well but I only notice it when I break.... What's the easiest way to check the Breaks? Sorry I know nothing about cars so please keep it simple...

Thanks

push the pedal between the accelerator and clutch :winky:

but seriously, let the car pull itself along in 1st gear with all the windows down (and stereo off) and listen...... you will hear an intermittent scratching type noise

Thanks

push the pedal between the accelerator and clutch :winky:

but seriously, let the car pull itself along in 1st gear with all the windows down (and stereo off) and listen...... you will hear an intermittent scratching type noise

lol thanks for that will try tomorrow