Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake Calipers

Evening boys and girls.

I wish to pick your brains because I'm being indecisive again (or am i?)

What colour should I paint my brake calipers on my Antimony colour IS200?

I don't want anything too garish, I like things to be subtle but noticable if you know what I mean.

Thoughts please

Keith

img8628la6.th.jpg

Evening boys and girls.

I wish to pick your brains because I'm being indecisive again (or am i?)

What colour should I paint my brake calipers on my Antimony colour IS200?

I don't want anything too garish, I like things to be subtle but noticable if you know what I mean.

Thoughts please

Keith

img8628la6.th.jpg

I'd go for black or silver :D

Right kids I'm pretty sold on the black to be honest. I think they'd look pretty sweet - not showy at all, they just look nice. Exactly the qualities I like. Second question... What paint do I use? I've read another post that says Hammerite smooth - I assume that comes in gloss black? Do I need primer? What about after I put the stickers on, what do I use to seal it? Some kind of lacquer I assume? But which? Sorry if all these are answered in other posts somewhere but I couldn't find them.

Thanks for the input.

Keith

i'd like to know aswell tbh....

i wouldnt mind doing the same to my car...

but.. i've got a granite sky IS, what colour would you guys suggest for the calipers...

i like Bod's red one on his 1C6, but it think its too bold for me, or is it? any thoughts ?

i'd like to know aswell tbh....

i wouldnt mind doing the same to my car...

but.. i've got a granite sky IS, what colour would you guys suggest for the calipers...

i like Bod's red one on his 1C6, but it think its too bold for me, or is it? any thoughts ?

Hey matey.

Granite sky calls for one of two colours. Either black or gold in my opinion. If you wanted to go red, hows about mixing some paint up and going for a darker shade of red.

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person on this forum to have an Antimony coloured car lol! I've never met another one who has it!

Keith

Right kids I'm pretty sold on the black to be honest. I think they'd look pretty sweet - not showy at all, they just look nice. Exactly the qualities I like. Second question... What paint do I use? I've read another post that says Hammerite smooth - I assume that comes in gloss black? Do I need primer? What about after I put the stickers on, what do I use to seal it? Some kind of lacquer I assume? But which? Sorry if all these are answered in other posts somewhere but I couldn't find them.

Thanks for the input.

Keith

Yeh Hammerite smooth is perfect, no need for primer, just give the calipers a good clean first and maybe a rub with wire wool. As for lacquer I just used a standard spray tin from Halfords, build up a few layers.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links