Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Does Anyone Know How To Identify The Wires For The Front Speakers?

im changing my head unit and i wondered if i could use the existing speaker wires? i know the back ones will need changing but i was hoping to splice the front speaker wires before the stock amp and connect them to my head unit then just run the phonos for the sub and amp in the boot, does anyone know which wire is for the fronts going into the stock amp? :unsure: i need some music and cant get around to the full install until next week :winky:

im changing my head unit and i wondered if i could use the existing speaker wires? i know the back ones will need changing but i was hoping to splice the front speaker wires before the stock amp and connect them to my head unit then just run the phonos for the sub and amp in the boot, does anyone know which wire is for the fronts going into the stock amp? :unsure: i need some music and cant get around to the full install until next week :winky:

take off the door card and check the colour of the wires coming out of the speakers. Should be 2 wires for the 6.5" speaker and another 2 do the tweeter

well i was hoping not to have to go through that just yet, if i do i might as well run fresh wires long enough to reach the headunit, guess thats just how itll have to be though, thanks anyway. :winky:

well i was hoping not to have to go through that just yet, if i do i might as well run fresh wires long enough to reach the headunit, guess thats just how itll have to be though, thanks anyway. :winky:

Actually if you Pm sparkystav or Lee-iceman they will send you the wiring diagram for the IS200 should tell you what you need! I was thinking of the diagram for the altezza which is next to impossible to get

well im sorted now :winky: answer i was kind of looking for if it helps anyone is this,

remove both kickwell panels, the first plug you come to is the one you want, drivers side = green and blue wires at the top of the plug, passenger side = pink and purple wires at the bottom of the plug, saves hassle with door panels and running new wires, im all fitted up, kenwood 6025 double din dvd touch screen, removed rear 6x9s (to let the bass through) and fitted jbl tweeters in the rear with a fli 400 amp with sub control and a kenwood 12" sub, sounds and looks wicked and well worth the days work! now i just need a 12v freeview box :whistling:

oh and as for the lead off eBay imo you might as well do what i did cos its just as easy as getting the plug out of the stock amp, then all you need is a + from the fusebox and a decent earth :tomato: still its only my opinion but that lead will pay for more mods :winky: im happy to do this for anyone else for less than the lead so just pm me :D