Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Flooding! What A Mess The Roads Are In!

aido

How shocking are the roads today? I'm in the Sheffield area and half the roads there and in Chesterfield seem to be shut!

Our office is in danger of flooding so may not even make it in tomorrow yet! Not been in today as been at a funeral but even then it was a 90 minute journey to do 13 miles and that was by taking all the backroads so never stopped in that time!

How are things near you?

Derbyshire and East Staffordshire were OK this morning, but have taken a beating as the day's gone on. Fortunately, I've only been to the office today, so only 4 miles each way. Coming home, walking would have been as quick (but VERY wet!).

Blimey Rob, was he ok?

All I can hear out the window here are the police and ambulances, the street is still pretty empty as no-one has made it home yet!

Just saw they've got 60 roads shut in Sheffield according to the news, looks even worse up Hull way as a guy has died due to the flooding.

Not bad here in kent just some slight flooding today on the motorways ,took van out and as it drives like a boat anyway had a pretty good trip .real shame about that poor bloke who got caught clearing his drain .

yeh Sheffield is insane this evening! floods everywhere, a friend of mine works for sumo digital near meadowhall and hes spending the night a work.

Just been driving home near Abbeydale Industrial Hamlet (for those that know it) and the lake and the road have become one and are now blocked off by the police.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/southyorkshire/conten...allery.shtml?66

some good pics on that link of Sheffield and surrounding areas on this glorious summers day.

my mum and dad left today to go to liverpool, as there flying to Marbella tomorrow, they left at 6:30pm......there STILL in sheffield

The people at my work were saying they think they may be stuck there tonight, just had a phone call saying they're being evacuated or something?

Someone just told me all downstairs at Meadowhall is flooded too so that's buggered that place up for a few weeks at least! Don't know how true that is.

Just been out for a walk and it's mental here in Chesvegas, off to bed shortly but makes you wonder what tomorrow is going to bring.

Have to admit it seems really quiet now the sirens have all stopped and it's a little weird as I the trains are all cancelled so that's a bit strange too as there's no noise left!

i work in chesterfield and live in wincobank [sheffield] it took me 5 hours to get home yesterday.

we could see from our window the raf helicopters lifting people of the roofs of buildigs which were collapsing.i have never seen anything like it.

Seems a lot quieter here today, I'm off out for a drive shortly, we've got a voice conference at midday to let us know what's going off in terms of the office as it's in the area where all this is kicking off!

Glad you made it home ok though, just been looking at some photos and it's madness!

It's crazy looking at the piccs, the part of MK I live in has only seen about 10 minutes of light rain, put a coat of polish on the car last night and cut the grass

Blimey mate, definitely a bit more here, it's even come in the house so that'll need a lick of paint when it's dried out at the least!

A lot of it has subsided a bit on Chesterfield for now, just been for a quick drive around, loads of cars just abandoned everywhere though.

This photo is mental:

TH0_266200755ravenside%20retail%20park,%20(2).jpg

Thing is we live near the river, our street was pretty much ok apart from what the rain did, two streets down, literally a minutes walk tops it was 4 foot deep!

i came along brightside lane this morning which was one of the worst affected areas, there were 50+ cars and vans which had been dragged along in the floods just totally smashed up bedsides the road.

Yeah I've heard it's like a warzone there, we're just further down that road towards Wicker Arches!

Been told not to go in the office now until Thursday so I'm just doing documentation at home!