Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tein Basic Kit

Russdx

any one no much about these

im after this kit

i just want to check will i be able to have my car at the same (very low) ride height i have it at the mo ? what is the max drop these coilovers can do ?

and will they fit stright onto my car because i have removed all the old pillow mounts (i think they called) and have another set on for my current coilovers

will the tein ones just bolt onto those ok ?

any one no much about these

im after this kit

i just want to check will i be able to have my car at the same (very low) ride height i have it at the mo ? what is the max drop these coilovers can do ?

and will they fit stright onto my car because i have removed all the old pillow mounts (i think they called) and have another set on for my current coilovers

will the tein ones just bolt onto those ok ?

What coilovers do u have on the car now? Why u changing?

some sport tec or somin

reason im changing is because they have complete died 1 all the fluid has ****** out another is knocking like hell and ALL of them squeeck to high hell i just want rid asap

u reken i can just install these basic tein ones or if any one else nos of cheapish coilovers for sale that i can put stright on ill be interested

need asap tho

some sport tec or somin

reason im changing is because they have complete died 1 all the fluid has ****** out another is knocking like hell and ALL of them squeeck to high hell i just want rid asap

u reken i can just install these basic tein ones or if any one else nos of cheapish coilovers for sale that i can put stright on ill be interested

need asap tho

If your replacing the whole coilover the basic damper kit will fit on fine. £400 from TDI . Maybe the reason why they leaked was that they were set too low maybe and constant bottoming out cause the leak.

some sport tec or somin

need asap tho

If your replacing the whole coilover the basic damper kit will fit on fine. £400 from TDI . Maybe the reason why they leaked was that they were set too low maybe and constant bottoming out cause the leak.

so TDI kit will fit onto my car fine even tho iv got after market top mount / pillow mount (wot every they) r fitted for the current coilovers

yeah think i might set it a bit higher this time

OEM as in the mounts that came with the car ??

so will they not fit to some aftermart mounts ?

ones i got look pretty universal just a in a ball on the mount??

yes OEM mounts

possibly will not fit aftermarket ones

:)

I tried to get my hands on a set of tein coilovers a couple of weeks ago and Mark at TDi told me there wre non in the country and there would be aout o 4 month wait for them ( although this was for the flex kit so you might be ok with the others)

Just thought i'd let you know.

Al

dint really want to spend another £600 on coilovers but they do look mint how much is delivery for them D2s and were do i order from

thanks

dunno about Uk suppliers i got mine from the local tuning shop in Dublin. You might get them cheaper than that in the UK, thats how much i paid in pricey Dublin(16th most expensive capital in the World!!)

ah ok

they are very heavy so id say shipping from anywhere outside UK would be crazy

found a uk price list £699

:(

******* aftermarket ******* aways screwing up y cant i just by a part n it work for ever or at least more then 5months got better stuff to spend money on lol then replacing parts I ALREADY HAVE

Edited by Bazza
using naughty words !!

ah ok

they are very heavy so id say shipping from anywhere outside UK would be crazy

found a uk price list £699

:(

****** aftermarket ******* aways screwing up y cant i just by a part n it work for ever or at least more then 5months got better stuff to spend money on lol then replacing parts I ALREADY HAVE

Well it might be worth just raising ur car up a bit then get the damage shock fixed. Most after market ones are serviceable so this maybe a better option for you to look into

yeah any new set is like £700+£200 fitting i dont wanna throw away just under a grand on somin iv already got feels like such a waste :(

any idea what sort of company would be able to mend my broken one / how id go about finding one

• 4 weeks later...

first of all, the teins will just bolt up. I think the pillow mounts they come with will be fine. However they will be really, really soft. Like softer than standard.. yuck! If i was you, i'd look at a set of Buddy club N+ damper... they have those in england right? Either get a set of those or tein flex.. super street are also way, way too soft.

Also, d2's a the worst coil overs ever made. How do i know this? I work in the aftermarket parts industry. D2's, K Sports, G4's HDS, they're all utter crap. Get teins, buddy clubs, or some other Japanese brand of coilovers

Buy a quality set of coilovers now, so you don't have the replace them agian in only 6 months.

i wouldnt get the basic tein's

go for something a bit better .

it may cost a bit more but becides the rubber on the wheels its one of the most important things that will make your driving experience good

www.ksport.co.uk

www.d2racingsport.co.uk

o and cusco ftw

first of all, the teins will just bolt up. I think the pillow mounts they come with will be fine. However they will be really, really soft. Like softer than standard.. yuck! If i was you, i'd look at a set of Buddy club N+ damper... they have those in england right? Either get a set of those or tein flex.. super street are also way, way too soft.

Also, d2's a the worst coil overs ever made. How do i know this? I work in the aftermarket parts industry. D2's, K Sports, G4's HDS, they're all utter crap. Get teins, buddy clubs, or some other Japanese brand of coilovers

Buy a quality set of coilovers now, so you don't have the replace them agian in only 6 months.

D2's on mine, not a problem with them