Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

American Is200 Coilovers Fit Uk Is200?

Russdx

They should fit fine mate, the only thing to be aware of is that they may be sprung differently for the extra weight of the IS300, not sure if there's much difference in there though in all fairness!

As far as I'm aware mate they're totally identical in terms of fitting, quite a few of the guys on here had some Apexi N1 dampers that were imported from the USA and they were all fitted to the IS200, in fact thinking about it they must be ok as Fargo fitted the same ones onto his IS300 I think?

Not sure about the quality of those, have a look on the US forums like my.is - I've had a quick scan and not many people seem to have experience with these, some have said they're a nice smooth ride, can be a little firm, and one of the guys on there has said that he had a set on his BMW and they went within 7k miles!

Just something to bear in mind as if they are covered by warranty you'll have to send them halfway around the world!

As it as already been said IS200, IS300 or Altezza have the same chassis so they will definately fit. The only difference is the front spring stiffness but for coilovers it does not really matter

You'll usually find they add VAT to the price as well as handling charges etc, can work out quite pricey overall, depends if you get a sympathetic seller as sometimes they'll massage the price that's put on the customs declaration, only problem being if it gets damaged in shipping that's all you'll be covered for...

International buyers should contact their customs branch or FedEx's custom office for information on additional duty, customs and / or brokerage fees. Any and all duty, customs and /or brokerage fees are the responsibility of the buyer.

he told me posted would be $195 like £100 not sur how much of these custom charges that covers tho

International buyers should contact their customs branch or FedEx's custom office for information on additional duty, customs and / or brokerage fees. Any and all duty, customs and /or brokerage fees are the responsibility of the buyer.

he told me posted would be $195 like £100 not sur how much of these custom charges that covers tho

sorry mate but if you read that again he ain't covering ANY extra taxes.... they never do as it's up to the country that it comes into to stick on the charges not the exporting one...

as an example ... Over here in Ireland they add duty ( which has different category scales) and then the slap 21% VAT... can end up costly...

Like Aido said some buyers mark down the price or stick GIFT on the outside but if it gets lost or damaged then your fecked....

we're only giving personal opinions... might be worth your while getting on an official UK customs site and get a more accurate account...

good luck

sorry mate but if you read that again he ain't covering ANY extra taxes.... they never do as it's up to the country that it comes into to stick on the charges not the exporting one...

as an example ... Over here in Ireland they add duty ( which has different category scales) and then the slap 21% VAT... can end up costly...

Like Aido said some buyers mark down the price or stick GIFT on the outside but if it gets lost or damaged then your fecked....

we're only giving personal opinions... might be worth your while getting on an official UK customs site and get a more accurate account...

good luck

im with u

flipping customs

Edited by Monster-Mat
swearing

$635 (nice cheap american price)

$195 niceeeeeee shipping (still only £420 odd still a bargin)

$184 customs MOTHER BEEEPER BEEEEPERRR ******* UK HATE THIS **** COUNTRY

like £520 total still cheaper then any thing i can find over here but still makes my ********* ***** boil that half of it is postage n UK TAKING IT **** CUT DOES IT NOT TAKE ENOUGH OF MY WAGES ALREADY

hate this place so much SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUUUUUUUUCH

moderators note: warning applied for swearing or attempting to bypass the filter....again !

wouldnt bother getting something like that from the US unless you are sure you have 100% worked out the price that the customs and vat man will slap on - it may not be worth it in the end. Also if I was spending that much cash on something I would do a lot of research on the product, as Aido said there is not too much info on that manufacturer - they could turn out to be a complete pile of poo......

dont rush into anything, take your time and find out the full facts , i know its tempting to just go and buy something but you might end up regreting it.

wouldn't mind a set myself at that price! :whistling: although still might hold out for the Tein stuff with edfc :shifty:

I must agree with you, the price difference with a well known brand is not worth the try as you would not be able to return them in case of problem which may occur on this kind of cheap stuff

i just need a new set like NOW as car is **** dangerous n it really annoys me that the cheapest set over here is £650 when they r selling some over there for £300

y do we aways get hammered with prices over here :(

i phoned up fedex and the custom charages i mentioned are the max it could be thats wot she told me

nah dont even sell em here but show me a set of £300 coilovers here they all start at £650 for aset with pillow mounts n stuff

i emailed the guy sayin if i send u the total amount can u pay all the custom charges and hes checked with fedex and agrees so i wont get more stung from customs then i already no off

its got a years warenteeee i no id have to send it bk n **** but its better then nothing like the situation im in

seen the coilovers for sale on ALOT of american sites so not some weird make u cant find at all least if somin went wrong could get parts n ****

guess u dont no till u try i reken its worth a shot

Never knew that you could prepay customs charges mate, they just declare it and if it gets caught and / or charged that's another matter entirely or so I thought?

Just be careful, if you do go for them then let us know how they are, they could be good :)

u cant pre pay i dont think but hes putting the custom charages on his acc so when they do charage they send the invoice to his fedex acc not meeeeeee hehe

yeah will do they look pretty mint tbh had a look on other forums quite a few ppl have them havent seen any horror storrys and ALOT of usa stores sell them

ah well see how it goes hehe ill put some pics up when they arrive and fitted and give em a test run be interesting to see how the setup for a is300 feels like on a is200 think itwill be quite firm (waaay i like it LOOL)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links