Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Will 285/35/18 Tyres Fit

Keith Bowler

Does anyone know if 285/35/18 tyres will fit the 10" rear standard sport alloy wheels

Well after some research it appears that 285 wide tyres will fit rims from 9.5 inches to 11 inches wide so I guess thew answer to my question is yes they will fit.

Why do you want them that big ?

For me its not a question of choice rather what's available at a sensible price.

I managed to get hold of a pair of Contisport 3's in 285 rather than my current 275 width for silly money.

I just like the look of the wide rear wheels. Since i got my rear geometry sorted I get nearly 30,000 miles out of a set of rear tyres.

1) Looks really good

2) Provides grip around bends - my car's rear end will NOT slip around bends after wider tyres being put on but I have to make sure the traction control is ON when in the rain as the car does tend to spin wheel's MUCH MORE when accelerating in a straight line (I've managed to spin mine up to 40mph from a standstill or low roll)

Albeit less wheelspin in the dry than the stock size tyres and more grip around bends is what I wanted!

• 4 months later...

For me its not a question of choice rather what's available at a sensible price.

I managed to get hold of a pair of Contisport 3's in 285 rather than my current 275 width for silly money.

I just like the look of the wide rear wheels. Since i got my rear geometry sorted I get nearly 30,000 miles out of a set of rear tyres.

Keith - when you say you got them set up. Was this specifically for the 10" rears as when I got mine done it was obvious that the mesurements they used were for the 8" wheels.

If yes, do you have the settings?

Keith - when you say you got them set up. Was this specifically for the 10" rears as when I got mine done it was obvious that the mesurements they used were for the 8" wheels.

If yes, do you have the settings?

Hi

Tony did my geometry but I did not take away a print out.

I can verify though that my tyres now wear evenly on the 10" wide rear wheels.

I am sure Tony will comment when he looks in.

As for 285 wide tyres they fit the 10" wheels but rub on the arches, well at least the Conti's do.

I have since replaced them with 275's and all is well again.

So if anyone is after some brand spanking new Contisport 3's with approx 500 miles of very careful use they are up on eBay at present.

If anyone on here is interested I may be willing to do a deal for a sensible offer!