Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexes/inchcape Vehicle Protection Program Vs Paint Protection Film

Hi all,

New to the board as I'm about to close on a RX400h SR.

Looking to see if any one is familiar with the vehicle protection program my dealer is pitching at me based on me asking if they install 3M paint protection film (I'm an American ec pat in London so that's what I know the product as).

The dealer said they don't do paint protection film but they do offer this vehicle protection program that provides 3 year paint cover (supposedly they apply a sealer) and 3 year interior stain cover (similar to what I have on my leather sofa). 440 pounds for 3 years.

So, does any one know if you can get paint protection film applied to bumpers and lower quarter panels to the RX in the UK?

And is anyone familiar with the paint/interior protection from Lexus and think its a reasonable purchase?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

PS. Looking forward to my new purchase as I have been w/ out a car for a number of years. Impending birth of our first child has gotten me into gear.

Hi and welcome to LOC :)

I assume they're on about a product called Supagard, basically it's just a sealant that makes it easier to clean the car, ie after a wash it looks like it's just been polished.

I don't think it will do anything for chips like the film would though so maybe worth asking them directly what happens with any chips you get and make sure they put it into writing if they say you are covered just so there are no complications if the guy you're dealing with moves on.

I've never had the product personally but I've heard good and bad things on here, read some comments that the interior stuff could attract dust but again not something I've ever seen personally and if it was that bad for everyone then I don't think they'd still be offering it as a product!

I'm not sure if you can get the film over here, if not you could just import it, or use something similar that's available over here, a guy called Rob (fluff34567) knows a lot about these :)

Hi all,

Just found the care care section (never scrolled past the Rx) so have picked up some info. there.

Though would be interested in any first hand experience with the Lexus RX and paint protection/films.

Cheers,

Dave

hi,

there are plenty of companies in the Uk that supply 3m scotchcal or xpel as u are prob more used to that "brand". The easiest is just search for paint protection film on yahoo and u will get a lot of uk hits.

armourfend is one company i am aware of

• 2 weeks later...

I assume they're on about a product called Supagard, basically it's just a sealant that makes it easier to clean the car, ie after a wash it looks like it's just been polished.

I don't think it will do anything for chips like the film would though so maybe worth asking them directly what happens with any chips you get and make sure they put it into writing if they say you are covered just so there are no complications if the guy you're dealing with moves on.

I've never had the product personally but I've heard good and bad things on here, read some comments that the interior stuff could attract dust but again not something I've ever seen personally and if it was that bad for everyone then I don't think they'd still be offering it as a product!

I'm not sure if you can get the film over here, if not you could just import it, or use something similar that's available over here, a guy called Rob (fluff34567) knows a lot about these :)

Regret that Superguard does nothing whatever t add to scratch/chip resistance. It does make it look nice after washing. Indeed I have just reached stalemate with Lexus sheffield over the issue of what I believe is poor quality paintwork on my 2005 RX300 which at 2000 miles looks bad.

D

Regret that Superguard does nothing whatever t add to scratch/chip resistance. It does make it look nice after washing. Indeed I have just reached stalemate with Lexus sheffield over the issue of what I believe is poor quality paintwork on my 2005 RX300 which at 2000 miles looks bad.

D

I live in the countryside in North Yokshire.

My last car was peppered with stone chips.

Having spent £43k on my RX400 I decided to protect it for a cost of £500 last february. So far it is unscathed....

I got it from http://www.rhinoprotect.co.uk/index.html and the came from Hrathrow to fit it. Bargain. Tell Charles and Phil I sent you :)

Regards Billy Garrett