Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls430 Alloys Will Fit Any Ls400?

I can confirm the LS430 wheels fit a series 4 LS. Here's my thread as mentioned by Chris:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=42911

I can think of no reason why they wouldn't fit a 96 LS, what you might have trouble with is finding a set......it took me over six months to locate mine.

PS. Think I spoke to soon, after all the months I looked high and low for a set of LS430 alloys a set has appeared on e bay.....unbelievable!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-X-Lexus-LS430-LS40...1QQcmdZViewItem

• 2 years later...

I have a 1998 LS400 MK4 with the Dynamic Handling Pack Upgrade alloys (17"). I bought a set of 17" alloys off eBay this month from a LS430 (2004). Since owning the LS400 I have had a weird wobble at 40+ mph, best described as an annoying vibration from the offside front. The last wheel alignment I had done left me with a steering wheel slightly off-centre. When I questioned this I was told it was "something wrong with the suspension", despite having just having replaced all upper and lower components, including ball joints, etc.

Anyway, put on the new alloys on Friday (2 days ago) and I can report:

They fit!! (it really is only millimetres between the alloy and the brake calipers).

The "wobble" has gone.

The steering wheel is now dead level.

They look great, what with the old alloys being terribly corroded.

The handling is far better, quieter and enjoyable.

The tyre sizes have changed as follows:

LS400 DHP tyres = 245/50/R17

LS430 tyres = 225/55/R17

I think the offset of both sets of alloys is 45mm which is what is needed to give the clearance. I put the wobble down to a damaged alloy (kerbed?) which is off to the scrapyard.

Anyway, I am very happy. Just need to find one centre cap which has lost its retaining spring. I can post pictures if anyone is interested...

• 3 years later...

I have a 1998 LS400 MK4 with the Dynamic Handling Pack Upgrade Alloys (17"). I bought a set of 17" alloys off eBay this month from a LS430 (2004). Since owning the LS400 I have had a weird wobble at 40+ mph, best described as an annoying vibration from the offside front. The last wheel alignment I had done left me with a steering wheel slightly off-centre. When I questioned this I was told it was "something wrong with the suspension", despite having just having replaced all upper and lower components, including ball joints, etc.

Anyway, put on the new alloys on Friday (2 days ago) and I can report:

They fit!! (it really is only millimetres between the alloy and the brake calipers).

The "wobble" has gone.

The steering wheel is now dead level.

They look great, what with the old alloys being terribly corroded.

The handling is far better, quieter and enjoyable.

The tyre sizes have changed as follows:

LS400 DHP tyres = 245/50/R17

LS430 tyres = 225/55/R17

I think the offset of both sets of alloys is 45mm which is what is needed to give the clearance. I put the wobble down to a damaged alloy (kerbed?) which is off to the scrapyard.

Anyway, I am very happy. Just need to find one centre cap which has lost its retaining spring. I can post pictures if anyone is interested...

DHP's offset is ET40......

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links