Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Everyone !

Dexta

Hi Everyone,

Should have my altezza rs 200 ordered next week from japan. Can anyone give me some heads up on importing (what to look for ie grades etc as im still not too clear on it.

I cant wait to get it im soooo excited. bet all you rs owners can tell me how mutch it will make me smile. :lol:

laters

Welcome to LOC :)

Have my RS200 now for a year and a half and still love, driving it and sometimes just looking out the window at it... lol

great car and made by Toyota... ;)

btw ... are Scottish car rules and regs different to England? apparently there are lots of problems getting a "manual RS200" registered .... the tiptronic version like i have is ok though...

thankfully we don't have strict rules over here....yet

Hi Dexter, welcome to LOC :D

Congrats on making the decision...I'm sure you will have a fixed smile for a long, long time

This site may help you out on the importing do's & don'ts

Thanks Janey for the link ill take a look.

AND A BIG THANKS FOR THE WARM WELCOME EVERYONE AND LOOK FORWARD TO TAKING TO YOU ALL IN THE COMING FUTURE. im proud to be part of the family. lol

:winky:

Welcome to LOC :)

Have my RS200 now for a year and a half and still love, driving it and sometimes just looking out the window at it... lol

great car and made by Toyota... ;)

btw ... are Scottish car rules and regs different to England? apparently there are lots of problems getting a "manual RS200" registered .... the tiptronic version like i have is ok though...

thankfully we don't have strict rules over here....yet

Hi Noel, lol im still staring at pictures. :lol: yeh heard alot about it being hard to get but i think the guy who is doing it for me has a model report for them, so fingers crossed it should be ok. dont know all the technicalities but im hoping all will go smooth. i drove a tiptronic one and didnt like the way it was reving when i planted it. could be the gearbox on the way out. i dunno. im just getting stuck in to all this now so its going to be a learning experience. i know its supposed to drop a gear when u floor it but this thing didnt know what gear to go into so i stayed clear. plus when i looked in the engine bay there were hoses that were melted and it looked like it had not been looked after. shame to do such a thing to such a nice car. Ba***rds.

later....