Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sti Style Spoiler

I've spent the last 20 minutes looking through old post's for a picture of an IS200 that has the Impreza style STi spoiler and cant find one.

Brettster informs me that people have put them on their IS's but thought it looked gash. I'd like to see how it would look before i part with some cash!!

I prefer the IS as not being so bold but it's all personal opionion.

It is all opinion, but its a forum and its the best place to express them.

I've seen some shots of a guy from on here that had one on his flick painted IS, and thought it looked pretty good. just wanted to see one on something coloured normally :winky:

Should be going tonight to see it and measure up if it fits. I'll take some pic's though and put them on here for sure either way

It'll only work if you've got a wild lookin body kit and paint job to match, like the one in my avatar (which sadly isn't mine) It's got a huge spoiler and it looks the nuts cause the rest of the car looks banana's too, so don't do it unless thr rest of your car is nuts!! Rikos will tell you, I'm not a fan of spoilers, but done right they can look good. :hehe:

Corsa,

IMHO, I don't think it works.

Unless you are planning to add full skirts all round, ie: side skirts and front/rear skirts, then it could work. Also, I think you would need to add bigger alloys and possibly lower the suspension, then your spolier would look good.

Anyhow, that's my opinion, but its your car, do as you see best.

B)-->

QUOTE(Hank B @ Jun 28 2007, 11:23 PM)
Rikos will tell you, I'm not a fan of spoilers, but done right they can look good. :hehe:

Yes i will agree with that :D

I dont think the spoiler works unless your going to have a wide bodykit fitted!

its up to you ... i wouldnt put that spoiler on my car i think its to bulky . it has no pratical use and imo is a bit ugly .

if you had a wide arch kit i think it would look totally different

Out of interest, what's the rear visability like with that spoiler stuck on the back?

Can't be good I assume?

I take it that a discreet lip spoiler is out of the question?

it's differnt I give you that, I've got a arch spoiler on the way at the moment. I'm sure many people won't like that, but it's up2 you at the end of the day, you've paid for it now might as get it on ;)

Im not sure about a full wide Jap style kit, but the skirts and front & rear splitters will be a definate! Along with the larger alloys. was going to have the SE one's re-furbed but decided ill spend the cash on a new set of probably 18's (love the O.Z. superlegra & superismo's).

Visibility is about as good as driving a sprinter or vito van :lol: just kidding, is not too bad acually.

I've always liked the STi spoiler i did thing it was buulky myself but i think its my age thats influencing my taste with this, that and the price! There are many other things i could have saved for but i doubt i'd have found it priced at £60 again.

Bret, make sure you dont look at the pic's while you're eating your Maccie D's, dont want you spraying your desk :winky:

I'm sorry mate but I really don't like it, it doesn't suit the car at all. :sick:

Maybe if you get some other kit bits too it'll look ok but I'd leave the spoiler to last and then see what the finished article looks like.

Doesn't look right at all, it suits an STI because that's what it was designed to fit, it just doesn't look right at all on the IS to be honest, I'm going to sound like I went to art school or something here but the lines just don't flow and it just screams rice imho!

I can't remember what kit it was but Maz had a kit on his IS with a large rear spoiler and that was designed for the IS and still fits in with the design of the car, think it was C-One / C-West or Veilside, I'll just take a look and get you some pics to give you an idea :)

Think Blitz had one that was ok too :)

..:: Edit ::..

Here's the C-One Wing:

indexdo2.gif

Work_Progress_on_my_IS200_199.sized.jpg

IMHO it doesn't really work, seems to be a bit over the top although it is better than one of the spoilers chargespeed has to offer.....................

image02.jpg

:sick::sick::sick::sick:

I bought a veilside style rear spoiler , same style as Maz's, a while ago and it looked ok on the car, i since have changed my mind and i think im going to sell it on and just get a carbon lip version :whistling:

Jason :P

I personally think it looks terrible. It's too big. Looks like a shopping trolley or just looks stuck on like it doesn't belong there. Maz's one looks quite nice as its that much smaller and compact and suits the car.

as for the Chargespeed one- Is that real or a photo shop?? I'd be weary hitting barriers going into supermarkets with that thing. Or even the moon :lol:

I've spent the last 20 minutes looking through old post's for a picture of an IS200 that has the Impreza style STi spoiler and cant find one.

Brettster informs me that people have put them on their IS's but thought it looked gash. I'd like to see how it would look before i part with some cash!!

Fit it and then change your name to 'lexusvandal'...that'll work :whistling:

Fit it and then change your name to 'lexusvandal'...that'll work :whistling:

LOL :whistling: :shutit:

Guys, i think you're being abit harsh on the man. Not everyone likes 'Subtle' I think your all forgetting that the point of modifying a car it's to create YOUR own look/style which is different to other peoples. Think about it, we all bought the Lexus because we all like the look of it but some of us aren't content with the standard look so we add things to the front, sides and rear... next thing you know we will all end up having exactly the same body kit (the one from the dealer's 'optional extras list') and the same car yet again. Could you imagine a world like that? Everyone doing the same job wearing the same grey suit, driving the same car living in the same house... Boring... I don't see anyone dissagreeing to those who installed a turbo or a super charger to their IS200... Ooo no it's much too fast compared to the standard car... Lexus didn't intend for their cars to be fettled like that...

CorsaVandal, if you like the spoiler then go for it but might i suggest a bodykit which is just as "loud" as the spoiler otherwise i don't think that just the spoiler alone goes with the lines of the standard car.

I'm sorry on my part if i may have upset anyone else with this comment of mine.