Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gizmo On Car Tezza Just Bought

knobbo

Hi,

Have just got a 01 tezza. It has a HKS SUPER AFR attached, i have found out that it increases performance when tuned correctly, the best being with road rollers. I have the instructions downloaded and read but it might as well be in jap as i really dont have a clue about cars!

1. The oil and Battery gauge are not working and seem to be switched off, would this be caused by the AFR?

2. I have messed with the dials out of curoiusty and i am afraid that i may messed them up so that it effects the engine, does anyone know how to default this device till i can get it looked at?

Thanks

Hi,

Have just got a 01 tezza. It has a HKS SUPER AFR attached, i have found out that it increases performance when tuned correctly, the best being with road rollers. I have the instructions downloaded and read but it might as well be in jap as i really dont have a clue about cars!

1. The oil and battery gauge are not working and seem to be switched off, would this be caused by the AFR?

2. I have messed with the dials out of curoiusty and i am afraid that i may messed them up so that it effects the engine, does anyone know how to default this device till i can get it looked at?

Thanks

Quote:

The HKS Super AFR is a microprocessor controlled fuel adjustment device than modifies the signals sent by the engine management system to the fuel injectors. This can be used to effectively recalibrate the original fuel injection system when mechanical modifications have been made to the engine. Alteration to the fuelling can be programmed at eleven different engine speeds (RPM sites), plus idle. Six additional areas can give extra fuelling at pre set engine speeds for throttle enrichment. As an example, you could use the Super AFR to make fuelling adjustments at specific engine speeds. (i.e. plus 25% at 4000 RPM, minus 10% at 4500 RPM, plus 20% at 5000 RPM and so on).

HKS also produce a simpler, Standard AFR, but this will make one general adjustment to the fuelling at all engine speeds.

Please note that due to the nature of this equipment, severe engine damage may be caused if inaccurate adjustments are carried out.

Knobbo, can see if you can follow the cabling back to the ecu and try see how its wired in, maybe its easy enough to remove. as far as i know if yo udont have any mods done to your car, its pretty pointless and wont increase performance :shutit: hopefuly you can get some with experience to look at it for ya

i have the exact same mate , i bought thesuper afr but not yet fitted it and dont think i will as the boy said it can cause severe engine damage if u do not know how to set it up ,do u notice a difference tho in performance

i think the likes of the Apexi SAFC-2 or Apexi Neo are more common and more places know how to tune them in(in Ireland anyway) More features too as far as i know. If your not seeing any performance gains and have no mods on your car, i'd say ur better off removing it. Just my 2 cents Knobbo!!

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links