Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sad Evening At The Ring On Wednesday Night

maneesh

Luckily, we all came back ok, but some guys didn't make it back this week.

From the Ringers forum, I just read that four bikers went off because a Porsche 911 GT3 lost a lot of coolant on the track itself. (It's quite a common for those Porsches to lose coolant on the Ring and for people to have accidents shortly after).

One guy died on impact with the armco.

One guy broke the bone above his ankle.

One guy had a fracture of the spine.

Last guy was ok.

The accident happened at Hohe Acht corner.

Sorry to hear that. It's a pity that the hazard wasn't discovered before. Are there regular sweeps of the track to inspect it?

J

Nope, and apparently the GT3 lost coolant a few corners ahead of the bikers.

sad news indeed :crybaby:

everone who drives the ring has to accept its dangers, sadly this is a consequence of it

giving the porsche driver the benefit of doubt, he probably had no idea he had dropped his coolant, well not until his engine seized up !

we watched a biker go down on sunday, slid across the track straight into the armco, an approaching car braked heavily, the car following him didnt ! and drove straight into the back of the first car, luckily no one was hurt, but two cars and a bike were left very poorly

all because of something spilt on the track !

Thats one reason I will not goto the Nurburgring on my bike.

When you tracks cars / bikes in the same place .... it's never going to turn out good.

Stick to a bikers only track, it's far more fun :shifty:

When you tracks cars / bikes in the same place .... it's never going to turn out good.

i have got to agree with you there to a point

theres no way i would ride the ring on a bike, full stop .

tests were carried out at the ring, when allowing car only or bike only sessions actually ended up with more accidents !

the rate of collisions between cars and bikes is extremely low

it seems the fact that there is bikes and cars and whatever else, does make everyone heed a bit of caution

Stick to a 'track' full stop - at least they have run-off, and some consideration given to the aftermath of a tumble!

By the time you've got to the 'ring and paid your entry fees for a few laps, you can spend a whole day at a local circuit. And if you do come off, you've only got to get yourself and a wrecked bike back a few miles instead of a few hundred!!

You fancy doing a trackday this year mate? Not taken mine on track for a couple of years, wouldn't mind doing it again. Went to Lydden last time, something like £75 for a full day (3 session format) down there. Short lap though...

By the time you've got to the 'ring and paid your entry fees for a few laps, you can spend a whole day at a local circuit.

This is true, but I know of no track in the UK that even comes close to the amount of satisfaction you get every lap you go round.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links