Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Guys, it is with a heavy heart that I write to tell you that I have changed my car. :ohmy: Despite being very fond of the IS250 I was made an offer I could not refuse on what has been the car of my dreams for as long as I can remember. :wub:

Funnily enough as I drove away from the dealer I didn't feel that bad. Unlike when I traded my IS200 for the 250 i cried as I left the dealer! I think deep down inside I've known that this was only going to be a temporary relationship until I found my perfect car.

But don't worry with each cloud there is a silver lining... I won't be too far away... I chopped the car in for an SC430 which I pick up on Sunday!! :driving: The other half thinks I'm mad after all the rain we've been having!

Of course I will still be keeping an eye on things here! It has been great conversing with you all over the last few years, thanks for all the tips and advice.

And if anyone picks up an IS250 with 25K on the clock in Silver with Black leather and MM, treat her nice...

saracen

You don't mess around!

There was me thinking it would be another goodbye and good luck thread, but boy you've only gone and bought one of the top of the line motors :D

Enjoy it, the forecast looks a bit crap for the next two weeks but I'm sure you'll still be loving it even with the roof up :D

You don't mess around!

There was me thinking it would be another goodbye and good luck thread, but boy you've only gone and bought one of the top of the line motors :D

Enjoy it, the forecast looks a bit crap for the next two weeks but I'm sure you'll still be loving it even with the roof up :D

Thanks Aido, to be honest when you factor in all the benefits of having Lexus there just isn't any other brand/car/dealer that comes close. Why would I go anywhere else?

As for the roof, would it be wrong to drive with the top down in the rain :shutit:

It would be today :D

Supposedly we're getting 50mm worth, we've got 800 sandbags lined up (I work in the Brightside area of Sheffield which was adly hit) and so hopefully I won't get a phone call asking if I'd like to go swimming this weekend :o

Enjoy and get some pics up when you get her at the weekend!

Of course I'll be adding some snaps - once the rain stops and I can get some decent pics taken!!!

Hope you won't need all those sandbags and the rain doesn't cause too many problems.

I had the dealer pick me up from the train station as I had to do a 150 mile trip to collect my Lexus (wasn't going to have one of them drive my baby that distance) and guess what the came in, yup you guessed it a SC430.

It is definitely a sweet ride and the interior is immaculate nice upgrade :)

Boy -you kept that quiet!! Well done...

Well it is no secret that I have wanted one but there just happened to be one available, in the right spec, how could I refuse :whistling:

Can't blame you - did you get it from Leicester? There is something very "California" about that car - very nice...what colour combo?

Is it a new one with the upgraded SatNav?

Boy -you kept that quiet!! Well done...

Well it is no secret that I have wanted one but there just happened to be one available, in the right spec, how could I refuse :whistling:

Can't blame you - did you get it from Leicester? There is something very "California" about that car - very nice...what colour combo?

Is it a new one with the upgraded SatNav?

I remember reading an article in Stuff magazine in 2001 saying that it was the perfect car, both coupe and convertible all in one with so many extras as standard that there was no options list. I've wanted one since then.

I've gone for Silver with Black leather (which has been the colour combination of my last three cars). Boring I know but I know what I like so why change! And yes did the deal at Leicester.

I wish I could have got one of the upgraded ones but at the moment they are too rich for me :winky:

I had the dealer pick me up from the train station as I had to do a 150 mile trip to collect my Lexus (wasn't going to have one of them drive my baby that distance) and guess what the came in, yup you guessed it a SC430.

It is definitely a sweet ride and the interior is immaculate nice upgrade :)

Nice taxi ride!! Yes I just love the combination of leather and wood - very luxurious. The car I am buying has done less than 15K and is four years old so inside it still looks very new.

Congrats on your new purchase, and to hear your only moving down the forum a few places, to the SC section.

I have driven the SC at a couple of open road events, and i loved it, so did the GF, especially as it was a nice day

and we had the roof down.

Look forward to seeing the pics

As requested here are a few pictures of my new baby which I picked up today. And if I do say so myself she is a beauty. Managed to drive out of the handover room with the top down but then had to put it back up about 10 minutes later as it started to rain :angry:

Spent the day swanning around Leicester and managed to drive back home with the top down but after about 5 miles - more rain! Ah well, I hear we are due some sunshine next weekend! Managed to get home and take a few snaps and here are a couple. The rest of the pics will be added to the SC forum.

IMG_9596-vi.jpg

IMG_9612-vi.jpg

IMG_9599-vi.jpg

4.3 litres of POWER!!!!

As requested here are a few pictures of my new baby which I picked up today. And if I do say so myself she is a beauty. Managed to drive out of the handover room with the top down but then had to put it back up about 10 minutes later as it started to rain :angry:

Spent the day swanning around Leicester and managed to drive back home with the top down but after about 5 miles - more rain! Ah well, I hear we are due some sunshine next weekend! Managed to get home and take a few snaps and here are a couple. The rest of the pics will be added to the SC forum.

IMG_9596-vi.jpg

IMG_9612-vi.jpg

IMG_9599-vi.jpg

4.3 litres of POWER!!!!

Nice car Saracen :)

I fancy one of those myself. The first mod would have to be new wheels - really don't like the standard wheels at all - seems to spoil what is otherwise a fabulous car :)

I like it a lot mate :)

You could always just stick on the different plates in the middle with the curve five spokes, they look pretty damned fine and I don't think they cost much from Lexus as they just replace the pie dish in the middle! A good thing about the pie dish is that it looks different to nearly everything else on the road which is always a bonus!

Ah here we go, I think these are sexy:

http://beta.lexus-parts.com/parts_detail.a...88811&all=Y

88811_3.JPG

Part no is 08402-24815 if you like them :)

Thanks for the positive comments. I actually like the wheels but at the end of the day it is all down to personal taste.

Hairdressers car? I don't think so, but if any one wants a quick trim I am available Mondays, Wednesdays and alternate Saturdays :whistling: