Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Am Back, Nice To Be Here Again

IanCornwall

I have had a nice long holiday and left the GS alone for a while

I came back to a flat Battery on the GS, I jump started it and now have no radio cd ariel or air con or heater, any ideas on a fuse anywhere ?

I have looked around and can't find any gone, maybe you lot can help

Also a nice kind rodent made a bed in the engine bay, after clearing the nest it seems I am missing a vacuum hose from the vacuum resevoir, I have a length of hose but for the life of me I can't find where the other end goes, OK I know I have the manual, but it doesn't show where it runs to after that

*** knows what a rodent wants with a vacuum hose but I guess they can have hobbies as well

P.S. if anyone still wants a pdf copy of the GS300 manual please feel free to email me

OK I am a tad confused

A lot of people and the manual and the drawings and even Lexus tell me the fuse panel is in the passanger footwell, and I found mine is in the drivers footwell, found the fuse blown and of course it was the second to last I took out, to see in the fuse panel a nice torch and a shaving mirror as with the pedals in the way it is a tad akward when you are as big as me

So why is the fuse panel not in the passanger footwell and in the drivers side, is this a Mk1 or Mk 2 thingy ?

Still looking for the correct vacuum pipe layout on the resevoir, although I found a drawing in my manual, it seems to miss the vacuum resevoir on the schematic and isnt clear enough on the drawing to make sense and I still can't find where the damn thing goes to,,,,, help please

I found fuses in both footwells on my GS while looking for the fuse for the satnav. and I would really like a copy of your GS300 manual please if it's for a mk2? :)

OK I am a tad confused

A lot of people and the manual and the drawings and even Lexus tell me the fuse panel is in the passanger footwell, and I found mine is in the drivers footwell, found the fuse blown and of course it was the second to last I took out, to see in the fuse panel a nice torch and a shaving mirror as with the pedals in the way it is a tad akward when you are as big as me

So why is the fuse panel not in the passanger footwell and in the drivers side, is this a Mk1 or Mk 2 thingy ?

Still looking for the correct vacuum pipe layout on the resevoir, although I found a drawing in my manual, it seems to miss the vacuum resevoir on the schematic and isnt clear enough on the drawing to make sense and I still can't find where the damn thing goes to,,,,, help please

Ian

It is probably the case that the manual is for a left hand drive version and therefore the fuse box would be in the passenger fotwell.

I have a manual which is from the States and whilst it is ok for 95% of things certain oddities arise and this is one of them.

I have had a nice long holiday and left the GS alone for a while

I came back to a flat battery on the GS, I jump started it and now have no radio cd ariel or air con or heater, any ideas on a fuse anywhere ?

I have looked around and can't find any gone, maybe you lot can help

Also a nice kind rodent made a bed in the engine bay, after clearing the nest it seems I am missing a vacuum hose from the vacuum resevoir, I have a length of hose but for the life of me I can't find where the other end goes, OK I know I have the manual, but it doesn't show where it runs to after that

*** knows what a rodent wants with a vacuum hose but I guess they can have hobbies as well

P.S. if anyone still wants a pdf copy of the GS300 manual please feel free to email me

Ian

I had a similar problem with mine when I changed the Battery.

I found that removing all the big main fuses in the drivers side footwell did the trick for me. All circuit fuses were ok for some unusual reason.

Removing and refitting these fuses seemed to have the same effect as resetting the ECU. Perhaps that would be an alternative thinking about it.

Good luck.