Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Who Is Into Pc Games?

Rob

so its been years since i last looked at the pc game market but as i have a new computer i might have a play......

so what are the good games out there now?? im not into warcraft type things but i did used to live age of empires etc how about a first person shooter or something like that??

Call of duty 2 is excellent, particulary online as a first person shooter. Medieval 2 Total war is a brilliant strategy game ...look up the reviews on amazon.com or similar

whats your graphics card like? you may need some grunt in that new computer... for example I have a P4 3.0 meg with 1.5 gig of ram,(a few years old) recently purchased a £200 radeon card and still struggles on medieval 2

company of heroes is also good value

I like Medal Of Honours, the first Far Cry is stunning (well first half of game) at the moment i am playing and loving Test Drive Unlimited.

Both seem to use Gamespy, check out what games are available on there, might be able to get yourself some trials too :winky:

its a 512mb 7600 card, intel 6600 core2 and 2gb ram - its a home build and i dont need a 8800 card as its mainly just office stuff i use it for but as im a bit bored..... :huh: a game would be good.

Some games I'd recommend would be

FarCry - Excellent FPS

Doom 3 - Scary Atmosphere FPS but tends to get "boring" after a while.

Need for Speed Carbon - Excellent racing game and TONS of fun!

FEAR - One of the BEST if not the best FPS games I've EVER played! Can also bring down most Graphics cards to it's knees.

Quake 4 - A really COOL and demanding FPS with some nice graphics that can make most cards struggle.

Indigo Prophecy - RPG & Action rolled into one with a FANTASTIC Sci-fi/Fantasy storyline.

Prey - A very original and cool Native American Indian storyline and the gameplay is fantastic with a pretty nice storyline. Based on the Quake 4 engine/Doom 3 engine so the game is again pretty demanding for a computer.

System Shock 2 - Old FPS/Sci-Fi adventure/RPG but is one of the scariest I've ever played in terms of atmosphere, etc.

The Godfather - A game based off Grand Theft Auto, but also based loosely around the original Godfather movies. Very entertaining and a must-have for The Godfather fan!

Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast - One of the best Star Wars games around in a FPS scenario.

Max Payne 1 & 2 - Original storylines along with "bullet-time" special effects! (Slow down motion like in the Matrix)

GTR2 - A VERY realistic race car simulator

Half Life series - Some of the best games EVER!

May have missed out a few but that's "part" of my collection I have so far :).

yeah gotta love them trials

erm at mo playing

half life 2, supreme commander, and halo 2 for the pc, rainbow 6 vegas is cool, just needs a powerfull pc/gpu to get best effects. and soon transformers, when i can get my head round it :)

download a demo of FEAR and see how your graphics cope... :crybaby: quake should be ok for a blast...if thats a radeon 7600 you may struggle big time with most recent games

download a few demos for nothing first..will test the card and save you buying something that doesnt work

best of luck :winky:

completed fear, thought it was good , tad scary im parts tho, but still damn good, got the expansion pack, "extraction point", but got corruption on the graphics, so had to stop playing, which was very dissapointed about as by the looks have nearly completed it, there is tho fear combat which is a free online multiplayer version very much fun :):)

awaiting half life episode 2 next. :)

download a demo of FEAR and see how your graphics cope... :crybaby: quake should be ok for a blast...if thats a radeon 7600 you may struggle big time with most recent games

download a few demos for nothing first..will test the card and save you buying something that doesnt work

best of luck :winky:

i did that and played it for about 30 mins with everything set to maximum and it ran fine...... its an asus card btw