Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trip To Wim

IRLRs200

Hi lads, i plan on making the trip over to WIM on the 9th July to get the geometry done by Tony. Anybody fancy meeting up? Im not sure where ill be getting the Ferry to. Any advice on where i should get the Ferry to from Dublin? Holyhead or Liverpool are the only to ports i know you can get to from Dublin.

Cheers

Dan

The reason i cannot calibrate your car on Saturday 7th is because wim is here> http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...t=0&start=0 If you can come there will be loads of LOC members........... And we can measure your chassis in advance of our meet on the 9th :whistling:

I like your thinking Tony, make a whole weekend of it!! I'll look into it so!!

The reason i cannot calibrate your car on Saturday 7th is because wim is here> http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...t=0&start=0 If you can come there will be loads of LOC members........... And we can measure your chassis in advance of our meet on the 9th :whistling:

Do it... You know you want to :D There will be many members from LOC and some other very interesting cars on site :whistling:

Do it... You know you want to :D There will be many members from LOC and some other very interesting cars on site :whistling:

And its perfect timing.... the girlfriend is going off on holidays from the 6th so no excuse for not going i suppose. Now to book a Ferry!

As you're coming a long way, IF there is enough time on the day, perhaps we may be able to do any adjustments that may be necessary too.

It's a big IF because the team will be overstretched on that day. I hope you understand :blush:

As you're coming a long way, IF there is enough time on the day, perhaps we may be able to do any adjustments that may be necessary too.

It's a big IF because the team will be overstretched on that day. I hope you understand :blush:

You mean geometry adjustments? Well i was planning on getting these done with Tony on the Monday, but if its something else your talking about, im all for it!!!

Any advice on where i should get the Ferry to from Dublin? Holyhead or Liverpool are the only to ports i know you can get to from Dublin.

You could go Rosslare to Fishguard then you just need to follow the M4 then M25 (Clockwise) and you will land right on the TDI doorstep (well almost) :)

Any advice on where i should get the Ferry to from Dublin? Holyhead or Liverpool are the only to ports i know you can get to from Dublin.

You could go Rosslare to Fishguard then you just need to follow the M4 then M25 (Clockwise) and you will land right on the TDI doorstep (well almost) :)

Cheers Mac and how long would it take to get from Fishguard to TDi approx. Where should i stay around there probably a sat/sun night stay. Are TDi and WIM close to each other????

So just had a quick check to see roughly how much in total things will costs and its looking like nearly 700 Euro(475GBP)! which is quite a lot to get the geometry checked!! I'll have to think about it again maybe!

Cheers Mac and how long would it take to get from Fishguard to TDi approx. Where should i stay around there probably a sat/sun night stay. Are TDi and WIM close to each other????

So just had a quick check to see roughly how much in total things will costs and its looking like nearly 700 Euro(475GBP)! which is quite a lot to get the geometry checked!! I'll have to think about it again maybe!

Won't be a cheap weekend that's for sure mate.

Travel wise I have done a quick check on the net using MULTIMAP and it reckons that the drive from Fishguard is around 300 miles and will take about 4 1/2 hours, Holyhead is about the same. Liverpool comes out at 230 miles and a driving time of around 3 1/2 hours. All that depends on traffic though.

Quickest overall journey looks like Dun Laoghaire to Holyhead

Cheers Mac e after a long hard think its not worth it! I just bought an apartment and cant really spare 700 yoyos at the moment. I'll drop Tony a Pm and see can i get some settings off him and i can try and find somewhere local to attempt the adjustments

I assume it's still ok for the work you are doing on my car Mark? :whistling: :winky:

I assume it's still ok for the work you are doing on my car Mark? :whistling: :winky:

Yes, we have a dedicated Tech on standby with tools at the ready and tongue hanging out B)