Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Single Din Mounting

Grim Reepa

Thank you all, very helpful :)

It looks as though quite a bit of work is required to actually get it looking neat and tidy and it's not just a direct replacement. I'm really not all that great with stuff like that, is there a genuine lexus one you can get which just fits straight in without the need to sand and paint and all that malarky!?

Also, seeing as you are all so helpfull here, can anyone point me a to some sites which sell the illuminated door sills for the IS200 SE?

Thanks again

I'm not good with it either.

Halfrauds Wet + Dry pack(various grades)

Halfrauds Plastic Primer Spray(1 Can)

Halfrauds Satin Black Spray(1 Large can)

Send me a message and I will talk u thru it.

I think it is well worth the extra effort. I made

sure mine was solid by glueing the bottom

section in first then filled with smooth P38,

then sanded + Painted.

There is a genuine Toyota part that can go in, but it is double din only!!

TOYOTA Part No 55413-53010

(next week cos working today @ 4 til 3am then Grasshopper Inn Meet tomoz and working Sunday night too then a trip to WIM on monday)

I'm told there is a Lexus genuine Illuminated Sill Kit

Part NO pz439-co181-00

but u would need to check this is accurate + Prices.

why buy the eBay facia units and paint them when you can get OEM toyota ones......that match perfectly. wierd

ive posted the part number many times on here......

Thanks, but do you happen to know where I might be able to get the illuminated sills?

Lexus

Ok I have sourced a place online that sells them but they are in America, luckily I have a relative over their who can ship them over to me...

Apparently the same illuminated sills will fit the GS300, GS400, GS430 and the IS300! Can someone in the know confirm that all these cars have the same sills? (i know the IS300 does)

Thanks

Ok I have sourced a place online that sells them but they are in America, luckily I have a relative over their who can ship them over to me...

Apparently the same illuminated sills will fit the GS300, GS400, GS430 and the IS300! Can someone in the know confirm that all these cars have the same sills? (i know the IS300 does)

Thanks

i know someone with a set he got when he had an IS but never fit them. He's upgraded to a GS now and i dont think he can put them on it otherwise he's have done it already. But thats not me saying they definately dont!!

Monster Matt

re my comments above

There is a genuine Toyota part that can go in, but it is double din only!!

TOYOTA Part No 55413-53010

"why buy the eBay facia units and paint them when you can get OEM toyota ones......that match perfectly. wierd"

cos they dont come in a single din fitment & there is also not enough switch bays for heated seats. :msn-cry:

Re Aidie comments above

The Autoleads kit is black (fair enuff) but got the texture of sandpaper... a good match ? Not for my Lex thanks.

Bazza, Janey + others saw mine at the Grasshopper meet and said it looked like a factory finish... :whistling:

See my install link below for finished pics

but no holes for your heated seat switches lol

"why buy the eBay facia units and paint them when you can get OEM toyota ones......that match perfectly"

Dont u have to CUT out the blanking plate to whatever size you need ?

That means modifying it in my book. Cutting or painting.. all the same.

Why dont they just make one right in the first place that fits all the switchgear & matches the dash ?

Would that be far too simple ?

Or could they be in league with Autoleads :wacko:

but no holes for your heated seat switches lol

"why buy the ebay facia units and paint them when you can get OEM toyota ones......that match perfectly"

Dont u have to CUT out the blanking plate to whatever size you need ?

That means modifying it in my book. Cutting or painting.. all the same.

Why dont they just make one right in the first place that fits all the switchgear & matches the dash ?

Would that be far too simple ?

Or could they be in league with Autoleads :wacko:

the heated seat switches acan be made to fit, there is a score line on the back to cut, the blanking panel is olso marked on the rear to cut.

the reason they do it like that is so that YOU as a customer can make the panel work as you need, which is a 3 min job to do, then just clip it in and its a perfect match...

having bought in 30 of the things over the years for the members direct from Japan, theres not been a single complaint, whereas theres always complaints about the poorly made eBay tat, which doesnt match the dash.

Cutting and painting are not the same thing, a 2 sec score, or a 3 hour rub, paint, prep, rub, paint.....oh look it still doesnt match.!!

as a side note, the reasion that the default is double din for the Toyota facia part is that most of the Radio units in japan are double din

Here the picture of my Toyota stereo surround.

You have to use the original side bars from the OEM stereo to hold your stereo in but the finish is so much better.

I've added the second set of buttons at the bottom because as you can see there is only room for one set and the IS has three buttons.

The middle one was just a blanking plate ive fitted a switch in for something else.

Stereosurrond.jpg

And it fitted:

NewFascia1Small.jpg

Stav