Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Torsen Diff For Is200

Anto

Info that i have gathered relating to

RS200 Altezzas ...

1998 to 05-2001, Manual & Auto final drive have a ratio of 4.1

05-2001 to 2005, Manuals were changed to 4.3 , whereas no change for the Auto's

Torsion LSD standard on Manuals, option on the Tiptronic auto's

From pics I've seen the diff's for a IS200 are different and are not a straight swap....

i did alot of research on the differentail units.

the units are identical inside, the European unit has cooling fins cast into the underneath of the unit.

the auto HAS a different ratio to the manual

Yes, in the japan and the european market and all the world there are only type lsd centre for gxe10/sxe10 (7.5 inches) the part number 41301-53010 and pn 41301-53020 for jce10 (8.0 inches) but there are a lot of types of differentials, ratios and shafts.

Also there are a lot of types of open centre/diff.

I am afraid with differential's adjustment with washers plates , so it seemed a good idea to buy a whole differential with ratio 4.100 and lsd.

Strange..... My IS200 has an RS200 LSD fitted,, no difference in final drive with IS200 LSD. There were two differences though: no cooling fins on the Altezza diff-housing, and I had to use the old axle stubs as they are 6-bolt on the Tezza instead of 4-bolt on the IS200. :g:

From the pics above there must have been quite some variations, only you wouldn't get to 146 mph with a manual RS200 and a 4.3 final drive, with a 3,909 you would.

Maybe someone can complete the gaps in this story

Cheers,

RX-Men-8

Strange..... My IS200 has an RS200 LSD fitted,, no difference in final drive with IS200 LSD. There were two differences though: no cooling fins on the Altezza diff-housing, and I had to use the old axle stubs as they are 6-bolt on the Tezza instead of 4-bolt on the IS200. :g:

From the pics above there must have been quite some variations, only you wouldn't get to 146 mph with a manual RS200 and a 4.3 final drive, with a 3,909 you would.

Maybe someone can complete the gaps in this story

Cheers,

RX-Men-8

Are you sure did not have a 4.100? The difference of 3.9 to 4.1 in kph/1.000 rpm is less than 1 kph/1.000 rpm.

You can check this way:

Make two marks as shown in the picture and turn it 4 revolutions

a3ib1j.jpg

before the mark, 3,909:1

vet1ds.jpg

after the mark, 4,100:1

2r750l1.jpg

Cheers,

Carles.

Ehhh.. I'm not going to unbolt it for that ;) But I won't contest that's the best way to check.

It will go to a max speed of 215kp/h (GPS) @the rev limiter in 6th line like before. And 3,909/4,100 * 215 would only be 204.

Greetz

Rx-Men-8

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links