Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Dudes

all you auto owners have you ever had this happen,treated the other half to fish and chips on Friday and was playing around with the windows (let the smell out )/DVD /satnav /phone so was switching ignition on and off several times without starting up the engine .After finishing our lavish supper tried to start the limo and no go as the brake pedal was solid and I could not depress it enough to let the micro switch engauge .I had to push it very hard to get the limo to start - good job it was me and not the other half as she would not have had the strength to push the brake pedal as hard as needed.try it for yourself and pump the pedal a few times before starting ??????????? and see if you get the same condition as I get .

cheers

swager

Yes this has happened to me on a handful of occassions. Not sure what causes it as has happened in different conditions: after leaving the car for a few minutes before restarting, leaving it for a few days and then restarting, parking on a hill without the footbrake etc... Never done anything about it as I just give the brake a good hard push and then start it. It first happened five days into ownership.

If it is a reoccuring problem I would take it to the dealer and get them to look at it.

Yes this has happened to me on a handful of occassions. Not sure what causes it as has happened in different conditions: after leaving the car for a few minutes before restarting, leaving it for a few days and then restarting, parking on a hill without the footbrake etc... Never done anything about it as I just give the brake a good hard push and then start it. It first happened five days into ownership.

If it is a reoccuring problem I would take it to the dealer and get them to look at it.

Nope...can't duplicate it either :unsure:

Guy's,

If you pump the brake pedal without the engine running you will fill the servo's full of fluid, pedal will feel rock hard, Not a fault at all, thats just the way servos work. Next time your out for a lavish take away, keep your foot of the brake pedal, and you should be fine.

hope you enjoyed your supper

Basha

Guy's,

If you pump the brake pedal without the engine running you will fill the servo's full of fluid, pedal will feel rock hard, Not a fault at all, thats just the way servos work. Next time your out for a lavish take away, keep your foot of the brake pedal, and you should be fine.

hope you enjoyed your supper

Basha

Hi Basha

yep good super only trouble was the smell of the old salt and vin the next day ,as for the hard brake pedal dont totally agree with you as I had this problem last year when leaving the limo at Bristol airport for two weeks and had the same problem on return (solid brake pedal ) and also think its an engineering design issue .A good design always takes away any problem that the consumer or customer can cause .as this is a key area that is needed to start the car the this is a problem waiting to happen and as this was only three light depresses of the brake pedal .On other makes of car I agree this action will raise the pedal but they still let you depress the pedal with little force and pedal will sink .Thats enough small talk over engineering design ,was only thinking of the other half as she drives it and if this had happened to her the R.A.C would have had a call out.

thanks for all you comments

cheers

swager.