Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello people ! new to your club found it when researching potential next car.I had my heart set on the 220d but after

reading a lot of negative reports i think its got to be the 250 auto i spend a lot of time in traffic so seems way to go thanks

to all your helpful reports.

I drive an Audi a4 currently 102,000miles 02 plate been a good car but i want some proper customer service,has anyone

got any experience good or bad with Lexus Leeds dealership?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello people ! new to your club found it when researching potential next car.I had my heart set on the 220d but after

reading a lot of negative reports i think its got to be the 250 auto i spend a lot of time in traffic so seems way to go thanks

to all your helpful reports.

I drive an Audi a4 currently 102,000miles 02 plate been a good car but i want some proper customer service,has anyone

got any experience good or bad with Lexus Leeds dealership?

Good choice, you will not regret it. If you've got to be stuck in traffic the IS250 Auto is the place to be...enjoy the car! ^_^

Welcome to LOC :)

I have to admit I've never personally dealt with Leeds but my previous car, the IS, was serviced by them from new until when I picked it up at 50,000 miles and it was running fine, I got another 50,000 out of it before selling up!

Hope all goes well with the search and if you do get one be sure to let us know :)

I have the 220d, but given the choice, I would turn back time and get a 250 SE Auto with MM - probably the best combination of everything you want from a car, any price, any make...overall and generally speaking (SSSshhhh don't tell those German car drivers)

You won't regret it...welcome to the club!!

Lexus in Leeds are good.

A friend of mine has had three Lexus (a GS, IS300 and now a RX) all bought and serviced at the Leeds branch and he has nothing but praise for them.

He's had the odd wheel corrosion problem, but they have, apparently, sorted this out without fuss - changing the wheels under warranty.

PS :offtopic: Just come back from a business trip to Germany using their derestricted autobahns - I wish I had been in my car there, that 6th gear would have come into its own!!

Thanks for replying Aido and Tango its a great place to share views and pick info up.

I look forward to lexus ownership hopefully problem free.

Could not agree more. I got an IS250 SE Auto with MM in January this year and I still give a little smile to myself when I get in it for the slog to work and the slog home. But a few weeks ago I took it throught the tunnel and zipped through France to the Belgian coast. I came away from the motorways and used a lot of twisty 'b' roads and I have to say the car handled like dream. Now the engine has loosened up a little it shifts like sh*t of a shovel and, unless I imagined it, other drivers seemed to give the car respect as they gave way on narrow roads, there is something about that shape. Go for it.

Thanks for replying Aido and Tango its a great place to share views and pick info up.

I look forward to lexus ownership hopefully problem free.

Could not agree more. I got an IS250 SE Auto with MM in January this year and I still give a little smile to myself when I get in it for the slog to work and the slog home. But a few weeks ago I took it throught the tunnel and zipped through France to the Belgian coast. I came away from the motorways and used a lot of twisty 'b' roads and I have to say the car handled like dream. Now the engine has loosened up a little it shifts like sh*t of a shovel and, unless I imagined it, other drivers seemed to give the car respect as they gave way on narrow roads, there is something about that shape. Go for it.

I agree with you oldmovieguy its a great shape the more i see it the more i want one,rare as well Leeds is a big city, been out on the road

most days this week only noticed five or six.

Hi,I'm new and looking at the 250SE Auto.

Are there any problems with tyre noise?

What's the rear leg room like?

What's the rear visibility like?

I've also been looking at BMW 3 series,merc C class,Audi A4

Hi there and welcome to the club.

You won't go far wrong with 250SE Auto, it's a great car. On smooth roads it's v. quiet but on rough tarmac at high speed it is prone to noise. Although to be honest I only noticed that when I turned the Mark Levinson stereo down!

Rear legroom is not great. It's not awful but it's not great. If you have young kids you should be fine. If you are expecting to take four rugby playing mates up and down the country they may start to despise your choice of car. I suggest you visit a dealer and sit in the front and the back that's what I did. I don't have kids and rarely carry rear seat passengers so it was not an issue.

Rear visibility was never an issue in my car and parking sensors and reversing camera will obviously help.

BMW - they sell a lot so there is obviously a market for them but it's not what I would call the thinking mans choice.

The new merc does look good but it's very early to tell whether Mercedes have resolved some of their reliability issues.

Don't even think about the Audi A4, the new model is due soon and then the value of the car would drop like a stone.

The rear seats would only be used to carry average sized passengers occasionally for journeys of no more than say 60 miles.

My father has had an RX300 since 2004 and had excellent service from the local dealer.He is going to get the RX350SE now.

My journey to work is on mostly country roads some of which are a little on the rough side,will this be a problem?

Are parking sensors essential?

The rear seats would only be used to carry average sized passengers occasionally for journeys of no more than say 60 miles.

My father has had an RX300 since 2004 and had excellent service from the local dealer.He is going to get the RX350SE now.

My journey to work is on mostly country roads some of which are a little on the rough side,will this be a problem?

Are parking sensors essential?

With that type of occassional use you should be OK with the rear seats.

Parking sensors are a nice to have but they are not essential. In fact there is a school of thought that says they make you lazy as you start to rely on them rather than your own judgement. The SE-L has parking sensors combined with a visual display - very elegant.

My IS250 SE-L was fine on country roads.

The best thing to do is get the car for a 24 hour test drive and then do your journey to work a couple of times. That should answer any questions about road and tyre noise.

Any problems with squeaks/rattles?

No rattles at all. Sometimes I thought I could hear rattles but these were always something else: partners watch strap on door handle, loose items on back seat. :tomato:

The drivers seat developed a squeak that you could hear as it was going round corners or over bumps. Mentioned at service and sorted it. Something to do with runners. Problem never occured again.

How well do they hold their value?

Pretty good - I was offered £20,500 for my Dec 55 IS250SE Auto with 33k miles on it against a new 07 of the same model.

Unfortunately, thanks to a transit van running into the back of me on the A19 tonight, my 3 week old car is a bit shorter than the one it replaced. On the other hand it seemed to stand up well in the collision. :(

How well do they hold their value?

If you accept that you will never make money on most new cars then I guess they hold the value better than average. I traded my Dec 55 in for 3K more than NBLG but I had an SE-L with 25K on the clock

Is the SE-L worth the extra over the SE?

The cost difference on the Lexus website is 2100 for which you get:

Adaptive Headlights

HID headlights

Memory seats (and you can program the key in conjunction with this)

I think the steering wheel is only electrically adjustable in the SE-L

Rear blind

Illuminated door sills (which I think look cool)

Front and rear parking sensors

Rain sensing wipers

Wood trim

Auto dimming mirrors

Quite good for the money I think. Plus the SE-L is the best and you deserve the best! Plus I just love how the steering wheel moves up to greet you when you start the engine!

To compare BMW will charge 2405 for just adaptive headlights, Bi-Xenon lamps and electric memory seats.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links