Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Racelogic Traction Control

Right,

I'm currently in the process of installing the Racelogic traction control myself, and everythings going well. But i'll shortly be coming to setting it up and i was wondering if anyone else has installed there own, or has any history in setting it up for an IS200?

Basically all i'm really after is the setup .DAT data file to load into the program from Racelogic, for a "basic" IS200 setup. Then i'll fine tune it for my style of driving.

Would just save me a lot of time driving up and down setting bits and bobs up.

Thanks in advance.

Stav

TDi South have definitely set these up before mate, potentially Prolex-UK too, so might be worth asking either of them if they can provide a map for you, not sure if it's free or for a cost, there's a fella on the MKIV Supra site who does the maps for them, think he does them for free, just not sure if they'd be any good as an example for you? Think his username over there is Terminator?

Thanks Aido, i'll have a see if anyone's got one on here if not i'll have a try over on the Supra forum.

i_love_my_is200:

Have a lok here on the site for info: Racelogic.com

and here for prices: Prices

As for performance, i can't tell you yet as its not fully installed, but i've heard nothing but praise about them.

If you have a search theres a couple of members on here that have them and they all seem happy.

Stav

Yeah these things are excellent, basically Rob the IS200 one is crap in that it just cuts the fuel dead when it loses traction - terrible implementation really as it can be dangerous if you're stuck in a busy roundabout and can't get traction, the VSC system implemented in the IS300 was many times better and kinda half explains why the IS300 does so much better in the snow on summer tyres.

The VSC on mine has impressed me so far!

The Racelogic kit allows you to select how much traction loss you want to allow before it kicks in, also offers a launch control as well but that can kill various parts of your car through the extra wear, but saying that it's awesome to see :lol:

Think however it works it lets your hold the revs at a certain level and then you just shoot away!

Guess it's slipping the clutch somehow and then just lets rip - Dave had this on his IS I think?

Yeah these things are excellent, basically Rob the IS200 one is crap in that it just cuts the fuel dead when it loses traction - terrible implementation really as it can be dangerous if you're stuck in a busy roundabout and can't get traction, the VSC system implemented in the IS300 was many times better and kinda half explains why the IS300 does so much better in the snow on summer tyres.

The VSC on mine has impressed me so far!

The Racelogic kit allows you to select how much traction loss you want to allow before it kicks in, also offers a launch control as well but that can kill various parts of your car through the extra wear, but saying that it's awesome to see :lol:

Just a slight correction if I may please Aido :blush:

The standard is200 TC doesn't cut the fuel, it closes the throttle.

You're absolutely right though - I've always said the standard TC can be dangerous and that the RL TC is phenominal :D

Ah right ok, thanks Mark, wasn't really sure to be fair, so it just cuts the throttle completely, it does seem a pretty basic system!

I think I was getting it mixed up with the rev limiter on the IS200, is it that which does the fuel cut when it's hit?

Either way, has anyone got a .dat file?

Please.

Stav

You should be able to get full technical support from your Vendor Stav.

If the vendor is incapable of helping you they shouldn't be selling them.

Send me an email if you get stuck mate :)

Either way, has anyone got a .dat file?

Please.

Stav

You should be able to get full technical support from your Vendor Stav.

If the vendor is incapable of helping you they shouldn't be selling them.

Send me an email if you get stuck mate :)

I think he got it second hand :winky:

Think however it works it lets your hold the revs at a certain level and then you just shoot away!

Guess it's slipping the clutch somehow and then just lets rip - Dave had this on his IS I think?

You can set the launch at what revs you like. I think mine is set at around 4500. Push the clutch down, put the car in 1st gear then press the launch button, deck the accelerator and the revs will hold at 4500 (or what ever its set at) then when you are ready let the clutch up and you are away. It is loads of fun and sounds great too. But does burn your clutch very quickly which is why I now have a cerametallic one fitted.

The racelogic is an excellent bit of kit and is 1000 times better than the factory fitted system.

I did indeedy.

Can never pass up a good deal lol

Stav

Oh I see.

These aren't really designed to be DIY fitted so I hope it goes well for you. We've seen even "professionally" fitted systems be badly fitted before :(

Send me an email and I'll dig out a dat file for you to help you on way :)

Thanks mate.

I'm an instrument technician by trade so the wiring up isn't really that difficult at all, its just the fine tuning setup thats the hard bit.

I've sent you a PM but i'll drop you an email with my Email address, the DAT file will be received gratefully.

Stav

Thanks mate.

I'm an instrument technician by trade so the wiring up isn't really that difficult at all, its just the fine tuning setup thats the hard bit.

I've sent you a PM but i'll drop you an email with my Email address, the DAT file will be received gratefully.

Stav

Excellent, you should be fine then. Please promise me you won't use Scotchlocks :rolleyes:

My email address is mark@tdi-plc.com :)