Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Replace Satnav Screen With Tomtom?

Hey, I've got a satnav from 2000 and yeah i absolutely hate it, it goes soo slow, old maps, ridiculous route planning....

So I was wondering, could i takeout the screen and fit like a tomtom xl in it?

http://www.tomtom.com/products/product.php...ry=0&Lid=1#

Only function i still want is that it opens when i start the car and closes when i stop the motor.

thanks

Hey, I've got a satnav from 2000 and yeah i absolutely hate it, it goes soo slow, old maps, ridiculous route planning....

So I was wondering, could i takeout the screen and fit like a tomtom xl in it?

http://www.tomtom.com/products/product.php...ry=0&Lid=1#

Only function i still want is that it opens when i start the car and closes when i stop the motor.

thanks

Doubt if would fit nicely the TOms Toms would be a lot deeper than teh standard screen so probably no room for it in the factory housing

You could dismatle the TomTom and replicate the display on a monitor that fits the IS200 housing. That would work, but I'm not sure what connectors / standards are used for the displays in the TomTom units - plus they're touchscreen. Lee Iceman is selling two touchscreens at the moment - one of them may be suitable?

Jamie

you might be ok as the tomtom ONE is 27mm deep - you would have to do a bit of modding anyway so you could also mod the dash tray base area with a slight recess if u had the time..... anything is possible!

I've thought of putting a little Tom Tom at the bottom of the center console next to the TRC buttons, buts because i don't have the integrated sat-nav! Can you not get an update for what you have? and is there a way of 'cleaning' the system (a kind of de-fragmenting on a PC)?

I don't know the first thing about the integrated sat nav systems so sorry if my suggestion sounded thick!! :lol:

Id put this thread in the .....audio,visual, electronics forum too. might get afew more reply's/suggestions. The guys who post in there really know their **** when it comes to gadgets for the Lex.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links