Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi From A New Member

Simon Wright

Hi, my name is Simon and I'm based in Edinburgh. I've just bought my first Lexus, a 1999 LS400 in metallic grey.

First impressions of this car are very good, apart from a very minor dent which is being fixed tomorrow. The engine is incredibly smooth and quiet, and the ride is so comfortable. Doesn't particularly like corners though, but then that's not what I bought the car for. I read all the background information on here before making my purchase, and I have to say you're a very knowledgeable lot.

The only problem I have found so far (apart from the dent) is that the cruise control doesn't seem to work. The light on the dashboard comes on, but the control itself doesn't activate. Has anyone else experienced this before? I haven't noticed this being mentioned as a known problem anywhere else. I have tried it at various speeds up to a motorway cruise without success.

Anyway, thanks for listening, and any advice would be gratefully received.

Simon

Welcome to LOC :)

Good luck sorting your cruise control, mine doesn't work above 50mph but that's because the cruise computer is all confused by the speedo conversion that was done as it's an import, I need to get that sorted at some point.

Actually is your car an import Celsior or is it a UK market LS as maybe you've got something similar?

Welcome to LOC :)

Good luck sorting your cruise control, mine doesn't work above 50mph but that's because the cruise computer is all confused by the speedo conversion that was done as it's an import, I need to get that sorted at some point.

Actually is your car an import Celsior or is it a UK market LS as maybe you've got something similar?

Hi people. Thanks for the responses so far.

My car is a UK market LS, so hopefully the speedo hasn't been converted.