Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Goodbye Floppy!

maneesh

Remove OEM springs, OEM shocks, OEM anti-roll bars

Add Tein CS coilovers, TRD anti-roll bars, upper and lower rear braces, corner weighting, lowered ride height, proper geometry

equals a much more grippy and less sloppy GS300 Sport...it's like a totally different car to drive.. :o surprised a Golf GTi on the bends today...hehe

Now that I can generate more G force on bends, I wish Lexus had put bolstering on the driver's seat...LOL..

More on the install, including pics soon.. :winky: :)

P.S Dave, my rear lower brace installed super quick. All you need to do is take the bolts which are for the petrol tank straps off as well as the subframe bolts, and support the petrol tank whilst you fit the brace. HTH

Sounds great Maneesh,

The crap handling of my GS is the main reason I am thinking of changing cars.

What sort of price would a set up like set me back?

Thanks

Sounds great Maneesh,

The crap handling of my GS is the main reason I am thinking of changing cars.

What sort of price would a set up like set me back?

Thanks

despite getting the parts cheap via the states, it's cost me 1.5k including the install and setup.

Will take you for a drive soon, so you can see what an improvement it makes over the standard setup.

The GS has a balanced chassis, it's just setup for comfort from stock

Thanks to Tony Bones for his referral to Chris Franklin at Centre of Gravity. Another man totally into geo and all the technical talk. If him and Tony met up, the conversation would be in another world.... :unsure:

Pics!!!

Chris was adamant that ride heights should be measured properly before the install

169442114-M.jpg

The pimp ride minus wheels!

169269613-M.jpg

Tein CS vs OEM setup

169269621-M.jpg

These are Tein Version 2

169269663-M.jpg

Rear chassis brace and rear anti roll bar installed (it's hollow, but bigger, OEM was solid and smaller)

169269719-M.jpg

Front anti roll bar installed (it's solid, OEM was hollow)

169269879-M.jpg

The man himself

169440877-M.jpg

No, it ain't a TRD trained mechanic, it's ME..Chris let me have a go at some of the hands on work...

169269755-M.jpg

Chris getting the scales ready for corner weighting

169269834-M.jpg

Apparently, you must simulate normal weight of car, so in went the weights on driver's seat to simulate ME!

169443481-M-1.jpg

169443502-M-1.jpg

This was the final result of the corner weighting, 50.2% of weight spread from across opposite corners of the car

169269845-M.jpg

Finally, the geo got set properly

169269860-M.jpg

A few tips for anyone else...

The car is now lowered to a point where I have too much negative camber, and no camber correction kits exist for the GS

The corner weighting really DOES make a difference, I drove the car before it was done, and it was crap to drive. The corner weighting and geometry really made it brilliant!

Sounds great Maneesh

The car is now lowered to a point where I have too much negative camber, and no camber correction kits exist for the GS

What effect will this have, will the tyres wear?

Sounds great Maneesh

yep, the tyres will wear prematurely, but I'm looking into a custom engineered option to restore the correct camber..it's not a problem if you lower the car to normal GS300 Sport height, but I went lower for handling and looks... :shifty:

Sounds great Maneesh

yep, the tyres will wear prematurely, but I'm looking into a custom engineered option to restore the correct camber..it's not a problem if you lower the car to normal GS300 Sport height, but I went lower for handling and looks... :shifty:

The TDI custome rear toe adjusters will fit the GS.