Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1 Month Of Lexus Ls400 Ownership

I thought this information may help anyone with a Lexus LS 400 or looking to buy a Lexus LS400. I owned a Honda Prelude Vtec Sports car but i wanted something a little more comnfortable, as my travelling had increased quite dramatically. I asked my local Honda Dealer if they had any Honda Accords about 7 to 10 years old that they took in Part Ex and wanted to trade. A few weeks later i get a call that they had a nice 98 accord in stock, so i went to have a look, a nice car but i also noticed a Lexus Ls400 that they had also taken in Part Exchange. It was a 1995 car with 74000 miles on the clock and it looked to be in pretty good condition, The history was great up to 40,000 miles and then a bit sketchy, but i did have all the old Mot certificates. After a lot of haggling i bought the car for £1500 which i thought was a good bargain.

This is a list of what i have done so far and costs.

1 Re gassed the Air Con cost £42

2 Replaced the Air Filter and Pollen Filter £45 they were completely knackered

3 Had the front wheels balanced, slight wobble and also oil and filter change at ATS cost in total £52

4 Fitted a set of NGK iridium spark plugs total cost £57 from www.sparkplugs.co.uk, fitted them myself

5 Paid for an auto electrician to find the fault which kept flattening my Battery, it was a faulty heater fan controller cost £41

6 Bought 4 part worn Michelin Pilot Tyres off eBay for a total of £80, really good condition tyres, like new

7 Fitted 2 of these tyres to the rear of the car and had the front laser tracked, so that the steering wheel is back in line, tracking was also out quite a bit total cost £38

The car runs perfectly and the MPG has shot up from about 26mpg to a 30mpg, also runs a lot smoother and also tracks perfectly, before it felt a little nervous. Did not have to spend much to get this car running real good.

7 Fitted 2 of these tyres to the rear of the car and had the front laser tracked, so that the steering wheel is back in line, tracking was also out quite a bit total cost £38

The car runs perfectly and the MPG has shot up from about 26mpg to a 30mpg, also runs a lot smoother and also tracks perfectly, before it felt a little nervous. Did not have to spend much to get this car running real good.

I thought these cars needed 4 wheel laser alignment, not just front ones?

£1500 a snip. They depreciate about this much per year, stupidly, so it's free next year. AND next year it'll STILL be the best car you've ever owned.

The Prelude is a whole other car. J.K. Setright always drove them ,but quite liked the LS400 too.

Send me your email address via the 'Message' bit on my bit, and I'll send you a copy of the 'Car' review he did(can't get it to download on here)

74K miles is fine. You should be good for another 74K!

I see an early model that's been parked outside all its life and still looks good.

That's what i love about Lexus, they do last very well, with all the reports about Mercedes C and E Class rusting away, my Series 1 still look immaculate, even under the bonnet looks like new and it has never been garaged.

P1000110a.jpgCIMG2565a.jpg