Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi fellow IS owners.

Oh dear me, i have just returned having test driven the IS250 manual,to say i was dissapointed is a slight understatement. firstly i was having to think about letting up the clutch when setting off as it had a tendancy to hesitate. i did think it could be my driving so we had a goood few miles on the test drive but it was still jerky. is this a trait of this gearbox,dont like autos. other than the jerky box, i loved the car lots of nice touches.and it felt like a quality piece of kit.

i am very angry as i really wanted to like the car which i still do, i am curently driving a 2 yr. old avensis manual petrol and this is super smoooth.but am at the time in my life when a bit of luxury is called for.

the one we drove was 12 months old and was up for £18500. 55 plate.which is a big saving over the new price.4500 miles on the clock,but it had the light cream cloth interior,which i can see as being totally impossible to keep clean.

we will try another IS250 to see if it was just a one off.

one last query is there going to be much room for movement on this price as i do like a bit of a haggle.

oh one last point i did not hear any of the rattles mentioned on the forum,must have been so engrossed intrying not to stall the thing.

regards mickey.j.

Oh dear me, i have just returned having test driven the IS250 manual,to say i was dissapointed is a slight understatement. firstly i was having to think about letting up the clutch when setting off as it had a tendancy to hesitate. i did think it could be my driving so we had a goood few miles on the test drive but it was still jerky. is this a trait of this gearbox,dont like autos. other than the jerky box, i loved the car lots of nice touches.and it felt like a quality piece of kit.

i am very angry as i really wanted to like the car which i still do, i am curently driving a 2 yr. old avensis manual petrol and this is super smoooth.but am at the time in my life when a bit of luxury is called for.

the one we drove was 12 months old and was up for £18500. 55 plate.which is a big saving over the new price.4500 miles on the clock,but it had the light cream cloth interior,which i can see as being totally impossible to keep clean.

one last query is there going to be much room for movement on this price as i do like a bit of a haggle.

oh one last point i did not hear any of the rattles mentioned on the forum,must have been so engrossed intrying not to stall the thing.

Why is this being posted again??? :huh: :iraqi-info-minister:

Welcome matey - Defo try another one - I thought the Manual 250 was OK. Being a lumpy VVTi it goes better when the revs are higher. I didn't notice any lag at all.

I know you don't like Auto's (nor do I persay), but just drive one...it is unbelievably smooth and so refined...you could get tempted!! It's more econimical and I'm sure someone mentioned it's cheaper to Tax too. I would definitely have the Auto over the manual...

PS - has this been posted before? If it has sorry - numb nut here can't remember what happened yesterday

Welcome matey - Defo try another one - I thought the Manual 250 was OK. Being a lumpy VVTi it goes better when the revs are higher. I didn't notice any lag at all.

I know you don't like Auto's (nor do I persay), but just drive one...it is unbelievably smooth and so refined...you could get tempted!! It's more econimical and I'm sure someone mentioned it's cheaper to Tax too. I would definitely have the Auto over the manual...

PS - has this been posted before? If it has sorry - numb nut here can't remember what happened yesterday

sorry guys, i told you that IS test drive had me confused,i have posted this before but i thought i had put it in the sportscross section in error. am i realy stupid. :whistling:

well spoted.

mickey.j.

am i realy stupid. :whistling:

well spoted.

mickey.j.

Not very stupid, but there isn't a smiley available that says 'a little stupid' :lol:

hi fellow IS owners.

regards mickey.j.

Mine's just fine ... although the clutch bite is a tad high for my liking ... I'll get it sorted at next service.

Good price that ... especially with such low mileage. Cream interior put me off too, although my grey is not much better.

I've been driving manuals for the last 10 years, but went with the auto on the IS250. But, as Jamboo says, they are very smooth, easy to drive, and you have the sports shift if feeling in a kinda manual mood. :rolleyes:

I don't miss the manual anywhere near as much as I thought I would. I also felt it was time for a little more luxury, and the auto helps to complete this. :winky:

I would say give the auto a go.

On a side note, don't worry about keeping a cream interior clean, never had a problem in the Camry nor my dad's LS400, afterall how often is general grime dark grey or black to match a dark interior, also cream interiors don't show up dust like dark interiors do.

The AUTO takes the IS into an even higher class of motor as it is both fast through the box,creamy-smooth & c. 15% more economical.

The Sussex Leather interior is simply not an issue as long as you take the normal level of care & the vast majority of IS's do not rattle &, the few that did have been, mostly, fully resolved. :driving:

Tel

Have to echo all that has been said about the IS Auto box - it is simply the best. Super smooth and very economical. And for the times when you want to use the gears simply flip it into S-mode and use the paddles. As far as auto boxes go it is one of the finest out there.

Have to echo all that has been said about the IS Auto box - it is simply the best. Super smooth and very economical. And for the times when you want to use the gears simply flip it into S-mode and use the paddles. As far as auto boxes go it is one of the finest out there.

Auto all the way!!!

always had manual cars before now but would never go back! :D

had a manual as courtesy car while mine was in having new instument panel and was so glad to get mine back.

as said before the auto is so smooth and a joy to drive.but when you want to play a bit the paddles and 'S' mode are the dogs! :yahoo: