Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stereo Removal Rx300

• 3 weeks later...

google carstereoremoval.com instructions cost a few dollars for download

I have heard that the parrot is not compatible ?please let me know either way

if you do remove the stereo can you post a picture of the back of the unit with details of the connections ,this seems to be hard to come by info there are a lot of people waiting to do mods but are unsure what is the best and safest way of connecting add ons

if you do remove the stereo can you post a picture of the back of the unit with details of the connections ,this seems to be hard to come by info there are a lot of people waiting to do mods but are unsure what is the best and safest way of connecting add ons

If you look at his, it should help:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...ost&id=2094

I am not sure how similar the 300 is to the 400h but:

If you look at this, it should help:

Also I addded this to a posting.

I did succeed in getting the radio out after spending ages locating the 2 "hidden" bolts (10 mm socket).

They are located on each side of the radio approx 100 mm fromm the front face and very high up so you need to get your head as low as possible so you can just barely see them. I loosend them with a socket and was in serious danger of dropping them. So I used my long "pickup" gadget with 4 claws to grip the bolts and screw them out. I was very relieved to see them come out without dropping them!! Without this gadget or a similar magnet tool I would definitely have dropped them inside.

So when I got to the plugs in the back of the LCD screen unit, I found to my disappointment that the connections were different from that shown in our instructions pdf.

• 3 weeks later...

I am not sure how similar the 300 is to the 400h but:

If you look at this, it should help:

Also I addded this to a posting.

I did succeed in getting the radio out after spending ages locating the 2 "hidden" bolts (10 mm socket).

They are located on each side of the radio approx 100 mm fromm the front face and very high up so you need to get your head as low as possible so you can just barely see them. I loosend them with a socket and was in serious danger of dropping them. So I used my long "pickup" gadget with 4 claws to grip the bolts and screw them out. I was very relieved to see them come out without dropping them!! Without this gadget or a similar magnet tool I would definitely have dropped them inside.

So when I got to the plugs in the back of the LCD screen unit, I found to my disappointment that the connections were different from that shown in our instructions pdf.

Hi Rick.

Did this help?

Billy

• 11 months later...