Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Here is the text I wrote on this a month or so ago - I got to £126 for the Bridgestone, people said Costco is cheapest if you can purchase from them, my best price was from the local independent guy.

The thread is on page 2 below as 400h tyres

Cheers

Jon

Wife got a large thorn in rear tyre, not repairable, too close to wall of tyre - slow puncture

Need new tyre - oh dear how much is this gonna cost?

Well, my 400h was delivered with Dunlops and at first service (after tracking fault), front tyres became Bridgestones - fitted by Lexus Poole at cost £120 each, because I was livid I needed tyres after 10K miles.

So I wander into local national tyres place - Bridgestone £192 each - "WHAT" I say. He asks what I've paid before - £120 I say by Lexus - he attempts to match and gets as far as £132.50. None in stock.

I drive to Kwik Fit - nice guy he will beat anyone by a pound so quotes £131.50. None in stock.

All this on Bank Holiday Monday - Kwik fit guy, still nice, recommends local independant tyre seller Bathwick Tyres - it's a Bank Holiday, so they are shut.

Back to work - wife has instructions to visit local garage and re-inflate tyre everyday till fixed. Puncture is slow, so no worries about wheel rims, and I can't be bothered to change it for spare - has anyone tried this?

Phone local tyre man Bathwick Tyres - none in stock (common theme this) - quotes £126 off the bat, no arguments. "Thats a good price" I say, "Yep" he replies. I ask him to get one in, we debate Bridgestone vs Dunlop and he says stick with Bridgestone - he'll phone tomorrow. He phones next day, wife visits with car - sorted.

In the middle of all this, I check Internet and can't beat £126 for Bridgestone.

So the moral is - no one will have you're tyres when you need one, and watch the price!

Interested to hear other people 400h tyre experiences.

Cheers

Jon

I recently went through blackcircles too - though not for my Lexus - only to find that Pro-tyre, a local supplier recommended by blackcircles slightly undercut the price without any bargaining on my part. I've used Pro-tyre three times now and been very happy with them (I think they are connected with Micheldever Tyres, an old favourite).

I'm sure that internet prces aren't always the best, but they do give you a good starting point, and personally I like to use someone local if I can.

Nick

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links