Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi its not long now till i get a lexus and the one thing that scares me lol.. is the rear wheel drive! ive never driven one before and am worried its gonna be twicthy and slippery round wet corners etc etc whats the difference like?

Hi its not long now till i get a lexus and the one thing that scares me lol.. is the rear wheel drive! ive never driven one before and am worried its gonna be twicthy and slippery round wet corners etc etc whats the difference like?

should be fine as long as you don't drive it like a nutter in the rain...

should be fine as long as you don't drive it like a nutter in the rain...

And leave the traction control ON till you get used to the twitchyness!

Theirs not much difference with the control of the car it's only if you puch it too far and then the back end will slide out unlike a fwd car where the whole car will slide.

I've only felt the car twitch once and then was on a really sharp corner in the soaking wet and it was only a very slight twitch. As fitchett will know i have had a bit more of rear wheel spin but that was on purpose!

I don't really find the IS very twitchy, but obviously can get the rear to slide if you're a nutter in the wet.......

As mentioned, have the geo checked to make sure all the wheels are pointing in the right direction, but otherwise there really is nothing to worry about. It would take something really special to move me back from RWD to FWD.........

you'll be fine with rear wheel drive, just dont throw it around in the wet ;)

or snow & frost, I live in the country and invested in new wheels and winter tyres.

be carefull leaving roundabouts and keep your eyes open for adverse cambers.