Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Interior Light Conversion

i know its already been discussed before but i cant find the posts,

im after a complete conversion of all the interior lights, dials, controls, evertyhing that lights up inside the car basically.

i dont know whether to go for blue or red.

ill also need them to be fitted as i dont want to start taking the car apart myself

any help and suggestions will be much appreciated

I have changed the glove box illumination

both interior roof lights plus the boot to

Red Leds, am very happy with them.

I'll be @ TDI MEET @ Lakeside on Saturday

or look @ my install pics for the boot lights effect

(link in my signature below)

Festoon Bulb = 31MM (door courtesy light)

Front Interior = BA9 - 9mm (map light)

Glove Box = 286 5mm

Strip Leds boot

The festoon bulb is 9 leds I bought from eBay usa (others I bought not bright enuff)

The Red Strip in the boot (& lighting the sub) eBay uk (shipped from hong kong)

The others fom ultraleds.co.uk

hope this info helps

Fargo used to do the conversion but its a takes a hell of a long time especially if your doing the standard stereo and sat Nav as well.

It took me about 12 hours in total just to do the air con, window switches, and speedo.

Stav

ive ordered the bulbs for the map and door lights, but i need to get some clear lenses for the door.

does anyone know where i can get these from?

Yes buddy. Go to www.lextasy.com and they're on there under 'IS300 lighting'. $45 for a set of 2 from USA. Pricey I think but they look good, particularly with blue LED's.

Keith

ive ordered the bulbs for the map and door lights, but i need to get some clear lenses for the door.

Yes buddy. Go to www.lextasy.com and they're on there under 'IS300 lighting'. $45 for a set of 2 from USA. Pricey I think but they look good, particularly with blue LED's.

Keith

ive looked on there but they dont post outside of the usa.

i reelly want them as it will be my first of many mods and i think it wont look any good with a blue interior and red lights on the door.

ive searched the whole net and cant find any :crybaby::crybaby:

Keith

i reelly want them as it will be my first of many mods and i think it wont look any good with a blue interior and red lights on the door.

They will post outside of USA, you just need to ask them first!!!! send them an email asking how much postage will be and they usually reply mate!

Jason :P

Keith

They will post outside of USA, you just need to ask them first!!!! send them an email asking how much postage will be and they usually reply mate!

Jason :P

^^^ what he said!

Jason't right. They usually charge about a 30% premium on the shipping but they will post to UK if you ask nicely lol!

Keith

just emailed them hopefully they will, i really want them, if not i might try to modify a light with a clear lens and get it to fit,

i cant be doing with the red lens, each time i get in the car i get annoyed about them. its a case of i want but i cant have. lol

ill get some pics up soon when done

cheers guys