Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any Advice Please?

CIJ

Alright everyone,

Today i got round to fitting the ProLex Exhaust manifold, unfortunatly when taking the old manifold off one of the Lambada sensors stripped its threads! So i had to get a new one! Not Cheap either!! Anyway, the part was goin to be a few hours to be delivered, and i needed the car, so i connected the old one up and cable tied it to the engine bay so it wouldnt move around, also put a bung in the manifold where it was ment to go! So i drove about 5mile and the mamagement light came on, i did my business and drove back to the garage to get the sensor fitted, on the way back the car started miss fireing! I kept the revs up and managed to get back to the garage! Installed the new sensor and put the car on the computer to clear the error code. It dissapeared so i left it ticking over, when i got back in the car the light had came back on and was flashing, so i turned the car off then back on and it dissapeared. So i drove off, car was driving ok, still a slight miss, but i thought it was the brain just tryin to deal with what fuel needed to go where with the sensor back in. I drove picked up the missus frfom work and it really started to limp, so i came home and have taken the -'ve off the Battery, dont know why, thought it may wipe the brain clean.

Anyway what does anyone suggest?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Chris

would it be possible to have the banks crossed? B1S1 in B2S1 ?

is it the TRC light that is flashing?

next time remove the sensor if it is not in the manifold

the car would see a lean signal if the sensor is in fresh air and cause the car to DUMP fuel in on that bank just unplug next time

I was just about to update this post and say that its sorted, you hit the nail on the head there with them swapping the banks over, the reason they did it was cos with the new manifold on the wireing wouldnt streach to the original so they switched them over, i went back in today and have extended the wireing so they now reach and hey presto, no more missing and the car runs sweet again :hehe: :D

Chris

Yeah its sorted mate, but just tonight when i was driving home the management light came up again :crybaby: but no signs of missfire, im going to have a look 2moro cos its rain bad now!!

Unfortunatly i aint had it on a dyno before or even after so im not sure on what gains there are, i dont know if its cos its been missin but it feels a lil bit more pokier!!

Chris

Read this mate. Engine management light seems to be a common problem after changing the manifold. :unsure:

I have an OBDII reader if you need a help reading the code (unless you can get it done at the garage who fitted it) but am away until Monday - off down south for a visit to TDI this weekend :whistling:

Good luck in sorting it!

No aint got the code yet, i aint had time to get back to the garage, i'll be goin on Monday unless Moffet is home and allows me to use his to see what it is :)

Right guys n gals, Moffet just came round with his computer, and the code that showed up was....

P0420 somethin tho do with the cat emissions

Anyone else had this??

Cheers

Well the management light came back on... :yawn: not sure what it is this time, need Moffet to lend me his laptop again :tomato: the only thing i can say is that the engin runs a little bit rough when idling!! Is this indicating that i may need another sensor?

Chris