Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Electric Windows

i have an mkII RX300 and am having a weird problem with the rear windows - they work fine from the buttons on rear doors but they don't work from the buttons on the drivers door. Also if you hold the unlock button down on the key they don't wind down

any ideas?

Jon

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem... And i have a solution also, i've knocked several times the control box in the front and now they work :)

I'm going to dealership next week to see whats wrong

Similar thing happened on mine a couple of weeks ago after it had been in to have some minor body work repairs. I assumed the body shop hadn't reconnected the wires properly as the rear window opened with the rear controls but not the drivers.

Took into my dealer and they sorted it in 2 minutes. Didn't even get chance to finish my cup of tea. Apprently "something" needed resetting. Might have been the ECU.

Similar thing happened on mine a couple of weeks ago after it had been in to have some minor body work repairs. I assumed the body shop hadn't reconnected the wires properly as the rear window opened with the rear controls but not the drivers.

Took into my dealer and they sorted it in 2 minutes. Didn't even get chance to finish my cup of tea. Apprently "something" needed resetting. Might have been the ECU.

I had exactly the same scenario after some body work attention a few years back.

br

D

• 3 weeks later...

I know what this is, I had it on my new RX400h I picked up on Saturday.

I had some re-programming done on the car to stop the windows un-doing when I hold the unlock button, its a long story, in short I managed to open my windows when in my office on a rainy day by resting on my key, so I asked on my new Lexus that they disable that feature.

When they mess with the software the windows have to be set to find their limits before the drivers door controls work.

To do this you lower each of the windows one at a time by holding the down button down, when the window reaches its limit you keep the button held for 3 seconds or more. You then do up the window and hold the button up for 3 seconds or more, the car now knows where the window limits are and the drivers door controllers kick into life.

As I went round each window, each control started to work on the drivers door.

Also the sunroof apparently needed doing, so I did that and it worked properly.

I think if they do any software refreshes on the car this needs doing and sometimes the engineers forget to do it. My dealer talked me through it on the phone.