Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ace Cafe Japanese Performance Cars Meets

DJ Wozza

I wasn't there on Tuesday Nite, was planning to go next month (August)

and was dissapointed to hear that these had been cancelled

"with immediate effect due to the level of unacceptable behaviour." :tsktsk:

LINKY

Anyone there or know what happened ?

I bet it wasn't any LOC Members.

They can't really stop a bunch of peeps showing up in their cars, just distance themselves by not officially backing the event.

was there till about quater to ten, didnt seem as bad as some of the previous ones - there was even one of those mobile CCTV vans there for a while- although the crowd was getting a bit close to the action towards the end.

perhaps thats a flyer from when they last cancelled it?

Niraj was there, told me some itv film crew were filming about how tinted windows on modded cars LED to a big rise in accidents...was all rained out tho on Tue.

yeah, they always close it down for one months, and then re-open...business is still business..

ahh sorry didnt notice that before- looks like it is off for next month, which is a pain as its a very convenient meet for north london - as sam says with any luck no one will check the website and come down any way.lol

looks like theyre trying to actively discourage attendance to this meet, just recieved this email form ace:

'It is with regret that Japanese Performance night held on 1st Tuesday of each month has been cancelled. Due to the anti social behaviour of some individuals Ace Cafe London have been left with no other option than to remove this meet from their monthly calendar. It is in your best interest not to attend the Cafe on Tuesday 7th August. Any cars already booked into the car park will now be withdrawn.'

To be honest, I don't see why anyone is actually bothered by it.

Was always the same very few people from LOC ever turning up anyawy !!

to be honest the main reason i stayed away was because of the knobs that appeared there

allways seemed like an accident waiting to happen, not particularly the jap car owners but every tom ***** and harry who turned up wanting a bit of attention

:yack:

It started sensible at a local meet where I used to attend in the Focus, but things changed and behaviour became pretty poor. Then came the fuzz with their mobile CCTV van, recording all movement, including faces and number plates. A few weeks later if that, it was then shut down.

Shame though, as it used to be a cracking night and some really impressive cars used to turn up. Same ole' story though sadly.

J

Hey guys, yeh i was there this month... from around 7:30 to 9:20ish... met Paul, Sanj and AJ popped down as I had to move onto another place.

Seeing as I was there quite early, i had my eye on the whole place, and didn't really see much bad behaviour... not like the previous months anyway!

The mobile cctv vans had both telescopic camera's keeping an eye on the main road.

They had an officer inside the circle, and an ITV film crew.

It wasn't the best or worst of turnouts, but there was definitely nothing "bad" in the time that i was there with regards to behaviour.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice to see a big LOC turnout last night guys + Gals

there was Me + Niraj.... (with passengers)

erm Me + Niraj.....

Me + Niraj... did I miss anyone out ?

Where were you all ?

I know it was banned but it was still mighty busy.

I took over 3 hours to get there due to some fool

having an accident in the Blackwall Tunnel Northbound

(2 mins in front of me so I was stuck well + truly with no exit)

Some of you are much closer so what's your excuse ?

Hopefully next month will be busier with more from LOC there !

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...