Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all, just bought myself a 2nd LS400, should have never sold the 1st, 96N 2 co director owners 60k and full history, 2 probs however, 1st is a hole in the front drivers side light and 2nd is the radio display has all but gone, if anyone can help with either or has any suggestions please mail me, regards, Ian

Hi all, just bought myself a 2nd LS400, should have never sold the 1st, 96N 2 co director owners 60k and full history, 2 probs however, 1st is a hole in the front drivers side light and 2nd is the radio display has all but gone, if anyone can help with either or has any suggestions please mail me, regards, Ian

Hi and welcome to LOC,

For the replacement sidelight I would 1st have a look on eBay as there are normally some being broken on there ( there is also the Lexus Stealers if new is a must).

As for the radio this is generally down to the backlight bulbs having failed if you are fairly diy inclined it is a job you can do yourself.

There is some info on this somewhere on the www I will try and locate

Hi and welcome to LOC,

For the replacement sidelight I would 1st have a look on eBay as there are normally some being broken on there ( there is also the Lexus Stealers if new is a must).

As for the radio this is generally down to the backlight bulbs having failed if you are fairly diy inclined it is a job you can do yourself.

There is some info on this somewhere on the www I will try and locate

Thanks for that, i would have a look at replacing the bulbs if you could find any info

Hi Ian, welcome back to the LS fold.

Thanks BarneyTT, must say that I have missed her comfort and relaxed drive style, by the way yours looks stunning, have you had it clayed ?

Thanks BarneyTT, must say that I have missed her comfort and relaxed drive style, by the way yours looks stunning, have you had it clayed ?

One of the first things I noticed when I bought mine was how relaxing they are to drive, all the madness goes on around you but you just waft along without a care.

Thanks for the kind comments, yes I have clayed mine and it made a big difference, well worth doing imho, if you can find the time.

One of the first things I noticed when I bought mine was how relaxing they are to drive, all the madness goes on around you but you just waft along without a care.

Thanks for the kind comments, yes I have clayed mine and it made a big difference, well worth doing imho, if you can find the time.

Barney! Why are you up at 5.30 a.m posting on here? Or does claying the car take sooooolong....? :shifty:

Any time you want to practice, mines available, and you'll get a good cup of (mt own blend!) coffee!

Welcome to the LOC mate and hope you get the problems sorted soon.

Cheers Rikos, light is kind of sorted, atleast the clear tape i've added stops the water getting in the light at washing time, just need the radio sorting now, bit more of a challenge i think..........

Barney! Why are you up at 5.30 a.m posting on here? Or does claying the car take sooooolong....? :shifty:

Any time you want to practice, mines available, and you'll get a good cup of (mt own blend!) coffee!

Nothing to do with claying the car Chris, just had a bad nights sleep :(

I'd be tempted by the coffee, only snag is coffee doesn't like me!

Clay???

Is this something I should know?

As it says really, small bar of clay (bar of soap size) used in conjuction with a detailing spray which acts as a lubricant, you apply the spray to a small section of the car and rub the clay bar over it, the clay bar remove all impuritities from the painted surface and leaves your paintwork as smooth as a babys ******, long job to be fair, i set aside all weekend for it, but the results are shall we say sparkling, just take a look at BarneyTT's LS400.

I new there was a link somewhere with me trying to explain....................

Hope you didn't mind me using yiur car as an example

Not at all, I'm honoured!

....and I'm still waiting for my commission for introducing Barney to the LS!!! (Just joking Mr B!!!)

Sorry about the coffee allergy. Royce Rolls Cafe in Bristol sells about 67 different types of tea too, he added modestly!

Dear Mr Tourist Trophy

Thanks for that - I was entirely ignorant of such a process.

(I was also fascinated at the heroic number of attempts to spell 'contaminants'.)

- Jelly

Aha! Another speller-checker!

As a hi-fi fan, I'm always noticing 'INTERGRATED' amps on eBay. But there're some lovely ones regularly on here too? :shutit:

....and I'm still waiting for my commission for introducing Barney to the LS!!! (Just joking Mr B!!!)

Sorry about the coffee allergy. Royce Rolls Cafe in Bristol sells about 67 different types of tea too, he added modestly!

You didn't receive the cheque Chris?......jeesh I don't know, the postal service today :whistling:

I really miss the odd cup of coffee, but it's caffeine tea all the way for me now.

Hi BarneyTT, did you use meguire's clay and detailing spray or another brand, what wax/polish did you finish off with, regard's, Ian

Hi BarneyTT, did you use meguire's clay and detailing spray or another brand, what wax/polish did you finish off with, regard's, Ian

Ian, I used Mequires detailing spary with Sonus ultra fine detailing clay from Serious Performance http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk/Products,66.html then P21S wax to finish off

http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/ProductDeta...?ProductID=9100

I bought both the clay and wax from serious performance but I can't see the wax listed there so have added a link so you know what I'm talking about.

I can highly recommend Serious Performance, ask for Alex Creasey and say Barney from MSOC (MKIV Supra Owners Club) recommended you.

Happy claying and waxing

Ian, I used Mequires detailing spary with Sonus ultra fine detailing clay from Serious Performance http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk/Products,66.html then P21S wax to finish off

http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/ProductDeta...?ProductID=9100

I bought both the clay and wax from serious performance but I can't see the wax listed there so have added a link so you know what I'm talking about.

I can highly recommend Serious Performance, ask for Alex Creasey and say Barney from MSOC (MKIV Supra Owners Club) recommended you.

Happy claying and waxing

Thanks for that Barney, I use P21S on my TVR, real good stuff, and I think I have a local stockist for Sonus so will check them out when I'm next in the city, regards, Ian