Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Need Help Changeing My (99) Sat Nav To New (05) One

HI

NEED HELP

I have a 99 v plate is200 se navigator, the sat nav in it is the smaller screen one and the one with the detachable remote.

my brother had a is200 05 plate sport navigator and he had a accident WROTE OF the car i took all the sat nav equipment out of it(parts i took out are listed below)

the built in remote

the boot dvd computer

the six cd changer

the large screen section all out

and all cables

first i would like to know is it possible just to take the screen section out of my 99 and replace it with the 05 one and will the sat nav still work which is quite easy i think and would'nt mind having the older version navi as long as i have the big screen which is looks great.

or

will i have to do it the long way changeing all the cables and equipment which im a lil scared to do.

or

has someone got another idea

thanks for your replies in advance

The new screen is widescreen. If you can get it working on the old nav unit there is a chance you will either get black borders or a stretched display.

Ideally you want to use the new nav unit as well. This uses the widescreen well by placing two different views side by side.

TO BE HONEST JUST WANT THE WIDESCREEN LOOKS MUCH BETTER I CAN LIVE WITH THE BLACK BORDERS.

THE OTHER JOB IS TOO LONG TAKING ALL THE CABLES OUT AND REPLACING THEM WITH THE NEW ONEIT SA BIG JOB AND I DONT EVEN NOW HOW TO TAKE OUT THE SEATS AND THE CARPET TOO LONG FOR BUT.

TOOK MY OLD SAT NAV SCREEN OUT AND NOTICED THAT IT HAD TWO SLOTS FOR CABLES WHERE AS THE NEW ONE HAS THREE BUT BOTH THE CABLES WILL FIT THE NEW ONE.

WILL TRY IT OUT IN THE MORNING AND LET YOU GUYS KNOW.

THANKS FOR THE REPLY.

IF ANYONE ELSE HAS ANY IDEAS PLEASE LET ME KNOW

THANKS

TO BE HONEST JUST WANT THE WIDESCREEN LOOKS MUCH BETTER I CAN LIVE WITH THE BLACK BORDERS.

THE OTHER JOB IS TOO LONG TAKING ALL THE CABLES OUT AND REPLACING THEM WITH THE NEW ONEIT SA BIG JOB AND I DONT EVEN NOW HOW TO TAKE OUT THE SEATS AND THE CARPET TOO LONG FOR BUT.

TOOK MY OLD SAT NAV SCREEN OUT AND NOTICED THAT IT HAD TWO SLOTS FOR CABLES WHERE AS THE NEW ONE HAS THREE BUT BOTH THE CABLES WILL FIT THE NEW ONE.

WILL TRY IT OUT IN THE MORNING AND LET YOU GUYS KNOW.

THANKS FOR THE REPLY.

IF ANYONE ELSE HAS ANY IDEAS PLEASE LET ME KNOW

THANKS

Why would you have to replace all the cables? Cant you just swap out the unit?