Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Member Looking For Some Help And Advice Guys

Reece.Haswell

Right guys guess this is my "hello" to this forum.

Story goes I have owned MR2 turbos for the past 4 or so years and have now decided that I want a change into something bigger and alot more comfortable.

The sale of my MR2 should be completed in 9 days time and after paying of some debts will leave me with £2.5-£3k to spend on my next car.

Now I know this isnt alot for one of these cars and Im sure you must of had a million posts about cars on eBay but Ive been looking and it seems I could get a 130k milage lexus for about my price range.

The thing is I cant decide between the GS300 or LS400...mpg seems to be mid 20s which is the same as my MR2 now so that aint a problem, nor is insurance as I have 10 years NCB

Whats the main difference in these cars? the only thin Im sure on is I want the one with what looks like the SAT NVA screen in the middle of the centre dash.

Any help or opinions guys?

What should I be looking for apart from the obvious service history etc and common faults?

Cheers guys

If you are used to and like a sporty ride with handling to match, and like to DRIVE .......the LS may not suit you

Have'nt tried a GS but it looks more of a sporty car to me.

If you fancy sitting quietly in big armchair doing nothing 'cept maybe listening to your favourite music get the LS :shifty: ............it's cool man..

if the only thing you are sure on is the screen in the middle that discounts the GS300 straight away as the mk1 did not have this screen(as far as i know) and with your budget set at 2.5k to 3k i would think the mk2 is a little out of you range .

Someone has also mentioned to me about teh Soarer? Same engine as the LS but a bit cheaper so I wont end up with a bargain basement one...these seem more around my price range?

Anyone know about these? Got a lil seat in the bakc to for the lil un (she is only 5 so will fit lol)

Thanks fella, Im actually liking the look of the soarer, to which Ive been told to aim for the 4 litre version..no major problems as long as they have full service history?

Ive jsut jumped on direct line quickly to get a quote on the soarer but it says they dont recognise the make and model..what would I expect to pay im..

10 years NC

3 Points TS20

License held since 17

Reece

Hi Reece,

I think you will find the Soarer was never a Lexus model in the UK. It's actually a Toyota jap import model with 2.5 TT engine. The 4 ltr jobbie was called an SC400 i think. The toyota badge was changed by the uk buyer's as the Lexus badge fits right over it. Check the steering wheel to see if the logo is Toy or Lex. Same as LS400 mark 1 and 2 apart from the body obviousley. I heard that body parts are hard to obtain if you prang it, maybe someone else here can point you in the right direction.

As for the LS with the sat nav....I think that was on the mark IV and I doubt you would get one with that budget.

Good Luck

Ken

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links