Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can't help with the first question but I would say while it may be technically possible to install OEM navigation after purchase I can imagine it would be more expensive and a lot more difficult to do. If you wanted to install the full Multimedia option you would need to change the steering wheel for the phone controls, add a mic into the roof. Also add all the GPS equipment and this is before you've added the screen.

Save yourself the heartache and purchase a car with it installed.

1) As topic,what is the difference between those?

2) If I buy a is250 without navigation,is it possible to install the OEM later?

1. In Australia the only difference is the equipment level and wheel size. Engine, suspension etc the same.

2. I don't believe so.

du kunne jo bare spurt meg over MSN....ahahah

but anyways, for norway:

Sport: sits about 0.8 cm lower in the front, and is supposed to be a little stiffer. ( I cant feel the difference - my dad has a sport, and I a Luxury)

Comes with the 18' wheels, instead of the 17' on the luxury

Has alum. pedals as standard.

Plastic/alum look interior pieces.

Luxury: wooden interior pieces.

+Power rear window sun shade.

+illumnated scuff plates / door sills.

the rest is the same.

¨

I would never get the non-navi one and try install the OEM unit later

I believe the whole dash config is different, and would require huge modification..

Lars.

du kunne jo bare spurt meg over MSN....ahahah

but anyways, for norway:

Sport: sits about 0.8 cm lower in the front, and is supposed to be a little stiffer. ( I cant feel the difference - my dad has a sport, and I a Luxury)

Comes with the 18' wheels, instead of the 17' on the luxury

Has alum. pedals as standard.

Plastic/alum look interior pieces.

Luxury: wooden interior pieces.

+Power rear window sun shade.

+illumnated scuff plates / door sills.

the rest is the same.

¨

I would never get the non-navi one and try install the OEM unit later

I believe the whole dash config is different, and would require huge modification..

Lars.

Sounds like a standard Euro spec as the UK is the same? The US have various options whereas we have the 'multi-media pack' which essentially means all or nothing. In the US you can just have the Mark Levinson system, or the satnav etc. Trying to retrofit the MM pack would not be a good decision.

I wanted the Sport spec, but wanted the leather seats and auto box so bought a fully kitted IS250 SE-L and retro fitted lower and stiffer springs, aluminium pedal set and 19" wheels so perhaps I've now got a Sports Luxury? :)

Other differences in the UK included:

Lux has leather, sport doesn't. (How I wish it did).

Sport has a different gear box with more sporty ratios. The reason I went with the sport.

Yes, but you are talking diesel and I believe the question concerned the petrol version which doesn't have different gearing ratios between models, and if you read my post the leather was the reason why I bought the SE-L and retrofitted the Sports options..well sports + TBH as it's a little lower, a little harder and the rims a little bigger.

hey tango, thats exactly what I was going to do to mine aswell.

Where did you get the parts? I've seen the pedals on eBay, but they were like 200...

do you even feel any difference with the sport springs? Im getting them purely for looks...expecially when fitting bigger rims soon..

Lars.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links