Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Euro Meet 2007

Dave-Ellen

Thought I’d do a quick report on my trip to the Euromeet in Germany over the weekend.

Ended up going solo as kami had to work on the Friday.

Left home at 6am and arrived at the location (45 mins south of Cologne) at 1pm…was the first to arrive !

We had 90% of the car park roped off for lexus cars and on Saturday morning there were over 55 on show.

I’ve never see so many SC430’s in one place ! Unlike over here where its mainly IS200’s We had the full range on show IS200, IS300, several Sportcosses, IS250,GS300, GS450 H, RX 300,RX400 H,SC430,LS460,LS430 and an Aristo !

On the Friday night there was a buffet dinner and lots of the local beer was dispatched.

Saturday morning we were divided up into teams of 4 and sent off all around the local area on a treasure hunt type event. I was given Mike (RoadRash) as a co pilot and we had Jens (redneck) and a IS200 sportcross and sc430 in our team….Saw some lovely country side and had an excellent drive around the deserted roads at some sprited speeds !

Sat evening was another buffet dinner and presentations of awards.

I was asked to judge the best lexus for the phonedrome memorial trophy and had a tough job as there were several crackers there. Boergy’s IS200 Turbo was a close second to Jens’s (rednecks) IS200 s/c….pictures to follow. Next year Jens will judge the winner and so on…

Hotel was excellent in a park in the middle of a forest. 2 nights accommodation and full board for 100 euros was excellent value !

While waiting for the evening meal on Saturday I took the Aristo out on the local roads which was a tad windy and not used a lot got some *** in car video as well………

Jens/RoadRash/RX-Man-8 all had a go as well and there is footage of there attempts on its way………..

Jens should change his surname to Schumacher !!

I left on Sunday morning at 10am arriving home at 4pm (got stuck on E40 for 45 mins) with the car again covered in dead flies !! The Aristo has done just under 5000 miles since 4/6 !!!!

All in all a great weekend and well worth the trip

Pics to follow

hey

the ride in your baby was one of the best i ever had. it was a great event the euromeet and the biggest ever so far. it was a fabulous organisation and it's going to be hard to do a better job. i will do a meet next year in soltau again and i hope that a couple of more guys from the island are coming over. i will try to keep it away from JAE.

the trophy found its place at my home. i am very proud of having it for one year. andi was known very well in the uk-forum and people who met him will remember him as a great person. he was the top at eurolexus, the one who put the most effort in the forum, in his car and in contacts. dave holding a speech in front of over 100 people changed the atmosphere to a quiet one. the words were touching everyone and we all wanna thank him as a representative of the loc-uk and the all members supporting this idea.

i read you guys

jens

Looks like you had a good time mate, gutted I couldn't make it.

Will keep an eye out for this meet next year, hotel does look in a nice location.

Is it far from the Nurburgring, noticed you said it was 45mins south of Koln :unsure:

Some good pics, looks like a brilliant turn out, shame more people from over here couldn't make it :(

This could be another annual LOC UK trip :) maybe tie it in with a week at the ring ;)

Yes meeting was awsome.... and the ride in the GS300 TT was amazing!!

That thing really gives you a punch in the back.... B)

But soon..... :shifty::whistling:

Yes I was missing Andi very much :crybaby: , but was still thinking to him all the time!! ;)

I will see when I can upload some videos. ;)

Was the best meet I've been to.... location was spot on and organisation was wicked.

Will try and link it (next euro meet) to a 2 week tour in Germany.

@ Lee its a bit closer to the ring than Cologne so we could even stay there rather than Cologne....roads round there beg to be spanked :whistling: wait til you see the videos :winky:

Downside of not staying @ Cologne is the lack of nightlife but we can always get Maneesh to do a turn !

@ Lee its a bit closer to the ring than Cologne so we could even stay there rather than Cologne....roads round there beg to be spanked :whistling: wait til you see the videos :winky:

Downside of not staying @ Cologne is the lack of nightlife but we can always get Maneesh to do a turn !

Look forward to seeing them, what was the bar in the hotel like, friendly?

I guess there are a few restaurants nearby though.

there are in the village close by...however the food at the hotel was top notch and the beer very nice indeedy !

there are in the village close by...however the food at the hotel was top notch and the beer very nice indeedy !

Dave as the head of the Organisation Team I would like to say thanks for your comming, thanks to the Lex UK Forum , thanks for the trophy in Andy memory.

I hope I will see you and other members of the UK forum soon in June, July or August 2008 somewhere in the Bonn/Rhein-Sieg Area.

Best

Rainer

everybody will find more pictures under

http://euro.lexusownersclub.com/forums/ind...showtopic=15224

The links are underlined

Dave as the head of the Organisation Team I would like to say thanks for your comming, thanks to the Lex UK Forum , thanks for the trophy in Andy memory.

I hope I will see you and other members of the UK forum soon in June, July or August 2008 somewhere in the Bonn/Rhein-Sieg Area.

Best

Rainer

Rainer...thanks....same hotel would be great !

Does this answer your question ? :whistling:

med_gallery_973_50_188290.jpg

It looks like it was a great meet to send off Andi, he would have been proud I think :)

I'll give you a call tomorrow Dave, think you were already half way there when I tried!

It looks like it was a great meet to send off Andi, he would have been proud I think :)

I'll give you a call tomorrow Dave, think you were already half way there when I tried!

Cool................you were the subject of a discussion on drinking abilities BTW :whistling:

Your presence is required next year !

:lol:

Mate I don't handle it any more I tell you!

It takes me longer to get over it than it used to, two nights on the trot is my maximum nowadays :D

Should be in the office for around 5am pal so if you're up early drop us a text and I'll give you a buzz, just got a load of engineering work to do, I hate documentation :lol:

Dave, so good of you to stick up for the UK crowd and upstage the whole lot in BHP :D

Thanks for the good company and the blast in the Aristo :)

Hope to see you at the next meet!

Cheers,

Gerhard