Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Is Convertable And M3 Beater?

I was in my local dealers wherbye he says these 2 models should be available early next year,,

errrm i cant even find some proper pics on the net

Ive read a few pieces on the V6 or V8

but has anyone got any more on them the salesman was convinced they would be on the forecourt next year?????

The V8 is defo coming - early 2008

Convertible - dunno...

Whether it can eat an M3 is to be verified. I understand that both the new M3 and RS5 (and then the RS4) are likely to have over 450bhp - that's gonna be more than 50bhp more tha the Lexus...There might even be a M3 with the M5/6 engine and 'box - 504bhp (un confirmed) ...so the Lexus IS-f is gonna have to have one good drive....

I was in my local dealers wherbye he says these 2 models should be available early next year,,

errrm i cant even find some proper pics on the net

Ive read a few pieces on the V6 or V8

but has anyone got any more on them the salesman was convinced they would be on the forecourt next year?????

Don't believe the hype! Unless it is officially announced then don't believe it. Normally a car manufacturer will announce a new model at one of the major car shows and then it's usually about a year before it gets to the dealers.

There has been rumbling about a convertible for some time - whether it happens only time will tell. Unless someone from Lexus knows otherwise. As there has been no announcement I would say a convertible will not be on the forecourt next year.

The IS-F aka the M3 beater has been unveiled and will be on sale next year.

Convertible - dunno...

Whether it can eat an M3 is to be verified. I understand that both the new M3 and RS5 (and then the RS4) are likely to have over 450bhp - that's gonna be more than 50bhp more tha the Lexus...There might even be a M3 with the M5/6 engine and 'box - 504bhp (un confirmed) ...so the Lexus IS-f is gonna have to have one good drive....

It may lack the bhp but the IS-F will win on the looks front. Allegedly, it'll drop knickers at 50 paces!! :winky:

Convertible - dunno...

It may lack the bhp but the IS-F will win on the looks front. Allegedly, it'll drop knickers at 50 paces!! :winky:

Harry, you've been listening to that certain Mr JC... :whistling:

I suppose the point'll be that all these cars will be standing at the start line, all looking elastic snapping gorgeous in their own right, but these cars are about perfromance and you don't want to come last over a sprint...

It's possible that the RWD car would come last of a twisty circuit....so there is hope yet!!

Having seen the pictures, the Lexus still looks very wolf in sheeps atire, the RS4 like the devil, and the M3 looks smooth...

Whatever happens, I can't wait...I've started saving now!

i have e- mailed lexus GB about the convertable model, i was told its currently doing the testing process and they anticipate the launch the middle of 2008,

Well that sounds promising and direct from the horses mouth. I spoke to a guy from Lexus GB at one ride and drive event and he confirmed that might be bringing out a convertible but said he didn't know when.

i have e- mailed lexus GB about the convertable model, i was told its currently doing the testing process and they anticipate the launch the middle of 2008,

Well that sounds promising and direct from the horses mouth. I spoke to a guy from Lexus GB at one ride and drive event and he confirmed that might be bringing out a convertible but said he didn't know when.

OK how much will they pitch it at, they cant price it out of the market?

It has been covered before :unsure:

0609x2009lexusisconvertmq7.jpglexusfn6.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links