Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've just renewed my insurance for the next twelve months and the following may be of interest:-

I used the Confused,com site and RAC came up the cheapest and included free RAC membership for 12 months and quoted £287.00 which I felt was very good - in filling in the details I was requested to state if I was a RAC member already - I stated yes as I am a RAC affiliated member because I am a member of LEXUS assistance - I was then asked to fill in my RAC membership No. on the application form for the insurance but could not comply so the application kept coming up error - so I phoned the RAC help line explained the situation and on taking details of my LEXUS assistance membership quoted me £241.00 over the phone which I naturally accepted.

For the record my vehicle is 1998 MkIV - Full NCB - age 72 - March Cambs PE15 post code. Garaged and £500 excess Private and pleasure only i.e. retired

Im undecided whether to go fully comp or tpf&f as the car is only worth 1700 and I wouldnt claim if I did break it.

what do you guys think?

tpft is £643, fully comp is £740, I wonder if I could use my mustang owners club a plan discount on this car..

I did mine first time tpft and the windscreen cracked and the screen fitted is £800 for none comp so other things need to looked at,

my car is 16yrs old and insured for 4k which was valued by the insurance company so that's what I would get if it was written off,

now selling it would be much different and I would say its worth would be 2k to 1.5k

unfortunately 3pty is risky these days, small incident or as ontheroad says windscreen would scupper you.

new drivers and banned returning drivers with 1000quid plus policies would be the folks needing it.

full comp is the way to go ( the LS is more than its value in cash terms ) I mean do you value your car at £1700 and that's it?? what about the car and the feel of driving such a quality car which cost 40K plus and still beats it rivals even today

I've just renewed my insurance for the next twelve months and the following may be of interest:-

I used the Confused,com site and RAC came up the cheapest and included free RAC membership for 12 months and quoted £287.00 which I felt was very good - in filling in the details I was requested to state if I was a RAC member already - I stated yes as I am a RAC affiliated member because I am a member of LEXUS assistance - I was then asked to fill in my RAC membership No. on the application form for the insurance but could not comply so the application kept coming up error - so I phoned the RAC help line explained the situation and on taking details of my LEXUS assistance membership quoted me £241.00 over the phone which I naturally accepted.

For the record my vehicle is 1998 MkIV - Full NCB - age 72 - March Cambs PE15 post code. Garaged and £500 excess Private and pleasure only i.e. retired

Incidentally my quote above was fully comprehensive, courtesy car inc on accident and No Claim Bonus protected

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links