Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car's been checked out, and the dealership will now hopefully take away the High density foam which appears to be degrading in density. This is resulting in a return of the rattles...

It now means the windscreen is likely to be removed and proper packing placed as per the 56/07 platers. That should solve all of my rattles!!

2 wheels also to be replaced (corrosion and a piece of lacquer which has actually fallen off), and a new drivers side front vent.

Did anyone else have the foam put in? Is yours still up to the jobby?

I also enquired about the new Fuel economy fix:A new Injector, CAT and EGR valve are recommended for cars not hitting 35mpg. Mine appears to be exceeding this comfortably now, so I agreed with the Service Manager that there was no point going down that route.

The fix has only been made GA 10 days ago (as J.T confirmed), but has been developed over a quick cycle time (normally these things are tested and developed over a period of several months - upto 18 months in many cases - sounds like Lexus have a good Change Control process which is very thorough....) so these mods will be subject to some eagle eyed watching...

It now means the windscreen is likely to be removed and proper packing placed as per the 56/07 platers. That should solve all of my rattles!!

is there a way to find out if the car has got the high density foam or the proper packing as you call it? mines a 56 plate..do all of them have the proper packing?

is there a way to find out if the car has got the high density foam or the proper packing as you call it? mines a 56 plate..do all of them have the proper packing?

Why do you ask, is yours rattling? Mine definitely doesn't have it, but then again it doesn't rattle either. :winky:

MY dealership have done a few cars after my guinea pig. Not many cars will have this done to them, and from what I recall it was pre-May 06 cars that suffered with this problem.

It looks like a door seal placed all the way along the base of the screen. I doubt yours will have it being a 56 plater. My understanding is that there was some sort of quality slip up during manufacture and some cars were made wit the incorrect packing and insulation all the way along the base of the screen where it comes close the dash/bulkhead.PS - it is the 4th Warranty visit for rattles, and each time the dealer has agreed that it is unacceptable. Which is why either those that rattle are unlucky, or those that don't are lucky...dunno which it is, but I'm at the end of my tether!!

The target is to have a 99% rattle free car by end of warranty period, 'cos I really don't want to have to go through this after the 3 years are up...

The 1% rattle acceptance is based on the fact that satnav screen surround will always squeak when it's hot.. A new satnav unit/screen didn't resolve that one. Potholes and even taking corners make it groan, and I just "turn up de valuuuum"

Toom many plastic bits there...poor design for a prestige marque IMHO.

Why do you ask, is yours rattling? Mine definitely doesn't have it, but then again it doesn't rattle either. :winky:

nope..just askin :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links